z

Young Writers Society

Help!? Anyone!? Classifications of Fanfic

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:57 pm
View Likes
thegirlandthepen says...

okay so i'm on my second blog already, but this is a question that i've wanted answering for yonkssss. on the side i sometimes write a little bit of fanfiction, usually its very small snippets that pop up randomly in my head i just like to document them on my laptop for future adaptation :)

whats it called (if this is even considered fanfiction) when you write some fanfiction and you keep all of the original characters and storyline and plot, but you add in a new character of your own? basically i wrote a little piece on twilight, i didn't change anything i kept everything the same so all the events and such had gone on. except i brought in a new character who regularly pops up in my stories (cause i'm kind of at this point where i don't finish things so i keep a 'base character' & branch off depending on the plot), who ended up falling in love with jacob, it was a little love triangle between jacob, renesmee and her.

does anybody know what this is? or if it is fanfiction? i thought it was crossover but thats when you merge two stories together (of course you probably already knew that) so any help would be muchly appreciated, i shall pay you in virtual cookies :)!
"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut." - Stephen King.

EDDiE. :]

Want an honest review?
topic67916.html

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Grammar, thegirl! We like seeing properly capitalized words here. :)

Hehe, I responded to this in your blog, but I think it's still fanfiction.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 am
FourteenthTarget says...

It is fanfiction, you've just added an OC, original character, to the story. To be more specific what you've described is a next-gen Twilight fic with an OC.

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly