z

Young Writers Society

Posting stories

Reviews: 2
Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:42 am
byebyedarl says...

Hi there! I'm Yvette and I just joined this website like five minutes ago. I was just poking around and I figured out how to post stuff here but...

My question is: where do you post the other chapters of the same story? Do you post it on the same thread? Or do you create a whole new thread? Thanks very much for reading my question! :D I look forward to getting more involved on this website!

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hey Yvette! Welcome to YWS! You actually post your chapters separately here. But, if you give them the same titles (so "My Amazing Story (Prologue)", "My Amazing Story (Chapter 1)", "My Amazing Story (Chapter 3)") then there will be a little box at the top of your chapters that will say "see possibly related items here" (or something like that, I can't quite remember) and hopefully the links to your other chapters will be there. In addition, you can always just put the links to the other chapters on the chapter, if that makes sense!

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but hope I helped!

~Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yep, Aqua is correct. I'd just like to add that if a chapter is over 1,500 words, that you should split it in parts and make each part a separate thread. The way some people do that is make it "My Story, Chapter 1 part 1" or "My story chapter 1.0" (which goes to 1.1, 1.2, 2.0). One thing you can also do is scrap chapters all together and just label each part as a number. All up to you, though.

Hope I helped! :D

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 2
Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 pm
byebyedarl says...

Ohhh... Thanks so much, guys! That cleared it for me. :D

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:21 am
JabberHut says...

In addition to those methods, if you keep all your chapters together and then attach the document in the Advanced Critique forum, you'll get reviews on all of your chapters. As long as your document is over 10,000 words, you may attach your story in that forum.

But if you post in the Advanced Critique forum, you'd have to critique one or two other works in that forum. :)
I make my own policies.

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr