z

Young Writers Society

Does anyone know how to delete a work??

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Aliceinhorrorland says...

The title says it all, how do you delete a work?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Hey there! So there's not actually a way to delete a work (unless that's been implemented without my knowledge), but you can private a work, so that only you can see it! The reason for this, I think, is because deleting a work with a review would screw up the review counts a bit, so those works can't be deleted. As for works without reviews? I'm not sure. Maybe it's a similar thing but for the number of works posted themself-- no idea.

Anyway, the way to do this is to click that little cog beneath the YWS logo near the top of the site, then follow it through to the 'Profile' tab, and then click 'Edit Portfolio'. In here, you can organize your folders, re-order works, and most importantly, mark a work as private!
I think there's a weird bug where a check mark indicates that a work isn't private, while lack of a check indicates otherwise, so make sure the 'Private' field is empty if you want that work to be private.

Hopefully this helps!

Image references below:

"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm
View Likes
Aliceinhorrorland says...

Thanks for explaining

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:02 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

A moderator can delete a private work for you but we won’t if there’s been any reviews made on that piece. But I recommend you follow the steps Hattable provided for you just in case you want to retrieve the work later :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus