z

Young Writers Society

Stanza Format

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 am
mb1221 says...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how I can go about leaving a gap between stanzas in my poetry work? I haven't submitted a poem for a few years, so I couldn't figure it out :)

When I format it, I leave an empty line between each stanza but once I click "save changes", the stanzas still look all connected.

I found a temporary solution by typing a single dot (.) between each stanza for now.

Thanks

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:19 pm
alliyah says...

@mb1221

For poetry related questions, you may have better luck asking in the Poetry Discussion Forums: viewforum.php?f=73

Here's the article on how to format your poetry on YWS: Formatting poetry #3

Basically there are a few options.

1) When you click "enter" for a space, you can try holding the "Shift" key.

2) You can click "</>" this button in the publishing center and then post "<br>" at the end of every line break and on blank lines to retain lines.

3) You could try posting the piece as a picture.

4) You can make-do with adding dashes or dots in the space that you intended to be blank.

:) Hope one of those methods work! I tend to do method 2 and when I'm stuck I reference that formatting article.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:32 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

This is a site based question, @alliyah , which is a better fit in Questions and Answers! I have moved it there.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 pm
Iggy says...

You can also do <p></p>, which is why I did for my most recent poem. I was where you are right now, confused. xD
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela