z

Young Writers Society

writersfeed pad

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:37 am
mellifera says...

I know by now I should know this, and I've got a general idea, but what is wfp normally used for/how is it used?

While I'm sure I could have easily joined on to get a feel for one, but I have backed out every time one comes up instead, so I decided to wimp out and just ask about it instead :)
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:56 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Wfp is a platform where multiple people can write on the sane document so to speak, and there's a side chat so you can message the other people that are writing as well!

Anyone can make up a new WFP document and share it with their friends so they can all write in one. There's also lots of events that use them. Sometimes people will put on workshops on the WFP platform for instance.

Lately what's pretty common is wfp jams. And basically with this people just hang out and write separate poetry/stories/etc.

WFP can also be used for planning things with a group of people (like an event of something) or for role playing- like story booking, or for collaborating, etc!
100% autistic

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:07 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It's basically google docs, but everyone's writing in colours, and there's a chat on the side.

You click the link, pick a nickname, pick a colour to write in, and either write in the pad taking up most of the space, or you chat with others, or both! It's really used much the same as a combination of IM and google docs.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:47 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Awesome, thank you guys! I'll have to try it out at some point, I just wanted a general idea :D
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 pm
AnoCannotUserName says...

I have a question. I'm new and I've been trying to get on through the website, but my laptop won't let me on saying that it's an insecure site to go on. I've gone to google, however, and accessed the website through there. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Hot Dog and see you real soon! :wink:

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm
Mea says...

@AnoCannotUserName - I'm not sure, but it might be that for some reason the link is directing you to the http version rather than the https version. If you try going to the address bar and adding the "s" after the http, that could help. Try posting in our Report a site bug thread, so someone who's more familiar than me with how that works can help.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 pm
AnoCannotUserName says...

@Mea question: Does the writerfeed pad usually get re-directed to etherpad.org ? bc that's what is happening to me. And thank you for your advice. I'll try reporting it on there and see what I can get.
Hot Dog and see you real soon! :wink:

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm
Mea says...

@AnoCannotUserName - No, it shouldn't be redirecting you to etherpad. I don't know why that's happening, sorry.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill