z

Young Writers Society

Stanzas and spaces

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 am
WyvrynScribe says...

I don't know how to separate things with enters. Specifically I have a poem that I want to separate my stanzas in but the enter just disappears when I preview it. Help!
Sometimes, you want to scream for change. Other times, you just want to ask for help. But too many times, we're too afraid to speak. - Rachel (maybe inspired by someone IDK I just made it up tell me if I subconsciously copied or something)

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

Hi there WyvrynScribe! I assume that you mean the Publishing Center messes up formatting for poetry which can be quite annoying and the way of making poetry look normal can be quite tedious but I'm going to show you how to make this easier.

First, the poem needs placed in the Publishing Center. I'll use a sample couple of lines to show the steps below:

The rain pattered gently
against the window
of the train.

Second, line all of these lines up in a single line like so:

The rain pattered gently against the window of the train.

Third, hit shift+enter where the line breaks are wanted:

The rain pattered gently [hit shift+enter] against the window [hit shift+enter] of the train.

Finally, the poem should come out to look like the original:

The rain pattered gently
against the window
of the train.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Formatting on YWS can sometimes be tricky. Here are a few formatting articles that might help on YWS (How to Format Poetry )

If what Kays said above doesn't work you can go in and put the code </ p> < p > (without spaces) everywhere you want a full break. And then this code: < br > (without spaces) everytime you just want a line break. The article above explains it better though.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

21 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 am
WyvrynScribe says...

Thanks for that! But really, It's having a blank enter in between stanzas. Like this:
The wind howls,
The trees groan.

[Nothing here]
The wind whispers,
The trees scream.

Oops I forgot to scroll down ;-;
Sometimes, you want to scream for change. Other times, you just want to ask for help. But too many times, we're too afraid to speak. - Rachel (maybe inspired by someone IDK I just made it up tell me if I subconsciously copied or something)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 am
Iggy says...

I'm afraid I don't understand your last post xD are you still having trouble with it?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

21 Reviews

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:36 pm
WyvrynScribe says...

Oh, no I'm fine! Still having a wee bit of trouble but I'm practicing! I meant I forgot to read the second post which gave me a bit more help. It was an edit ;-;

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:11 am
Iggy says...

Glad to hear! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud