z

Young Writers Society

how can i earn points by reviewing?

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 am
wetumbrella5 says...

i review some works but i don t get any points. why?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:08 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Looking at the comments you've submitted, there's two things that are stopping them from being reviews and getting you points.

1. You didn't submit them as reviews - when you type in the grey box underneath the work, if you want it to be a review and not just a comment, you have to click on the grey button right underneath the box you type in. It should say "Is this a review?" and then when you click the button, it should flip to blue and say "Yes". This lets the system know to give you points.

2. The other half of it is that most of your current "reviews" are too short to be reviews. If you submit a review that's too short, the system won't count it even if you click the "is this a review?" button. Reviews need to be about four complete sentences long - a solid paragraph. Looking at your comments, the only one that is long enough to be a review is this one: work/ajruby12/They-Are-Not-Us-A-17th-Century-American-Southerner-Defense-of-Slavery-137312#c629084

I hope that makes sense! I'll go ahead and mark your comment I linked above as a review (as a moderator, I can do that, and it is long enough) and hopefully you should get those points. Let me know if you have any further questions!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison