z

Young Writers Society

Can You Bump a Will Review For Food Post?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm
PastelSlushie says...

Before I begin because self-publication is the best: Will Review For Slushies - Oh, It's Food?

It's come to my attention that RevMo is coming up tomorrow (for me), and you know what else has come to my attention?

I have nothing to review.

It's really sad.

I also have seen that you can bump up a piece of your literature work if it isn't getting reviews. Can you do this with a Will Review For Food post? If so, where do I need to go to do so?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to bump WRFF threads, though you could pretend it wasn't a 'bump' and instead say something like "Still open for business, folks!" in your thread! (tagging resource's mods in case this isn't true and you're not allowed to in fact bump WRFF threads: @Rosendorn, @Kyllorac, @others) I'm pretty sure as long as it's not done obnoxiously (like every day) then it's probably fine.

That being said, there's no special way of 'bumping' your thread that I'm aware of. The only way of bumping a thread is by posting in that thread- like what I'm doing right now! So like I said earlier, if you just say in your thread "Hey everybody I'm really excited for RevMo and am looking for lots of cool stories/poetry/novels to review!" then your thread would automatically go to the top of the WRFF thread forum.
100% autistic

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:06 am
View Likes
PastelSlushie says...

Ah, okay, I kind of thought it was like that, just wanted to make sure. Thank you!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Yeah, it's 100% allowed to bump your WRFF thread. Kyll actually just recently did so! You can also promote it on your wall, and in your signature (the #TNT link in my signature is to my WRFF thread)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I was alllllll the way on Page 7. My poor thread was buried good and deep.

To give a more concrete value on "not obnoxious", you're free to bump your thread if it is no longer visible on the first page. If your thread is still visible on the first page, bumping it isn't really necessary.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind