z

Young Writers Society

What is a Reviewing Workshop?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm
PastelSlushie says...

I'm still relatively new, so a HUGE shocker I'm asking a questions that probably has an abvious answer.

I'm trying out RevMo this September, and everyone has been saying there's a Pre-RevMo Reviewing Workshop going on today in a couple hours (for me). But just a quick question:

What is a Reviewing Workshop?

Is there something you have to join? Do you just review like you normally would? Is it something in the forums?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:37 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

It's basically a (somewhat guided) discussion/tutorial about reviewing! Everyone gets together and I guess offers tips and exchanges reviewing strategies. The goal is to help newer members (and everyone really) feel more comfortable reviewing and get hyped up for RevMo.

You definitely don't have to join (though it'll be fun!), and I'm don't think we'll be doing a lot of reviewing. (I think there might be an activity at the end that is actually "go write a review", but I don't know for sure.) As for where it is, workshops are usually conducted on a public WriterFeedPad as it allows for real-time discussion. About half an hour before the workshop starts, the link to the pad will be posted.

I hope that answers all your questions!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Mea covered it quite well! We get together in a WriterFeedPad (think a collaborative writing pad with a chat) and go through discussions and activities together! Tonight will be led by @Kays, and @Rosendorn and I will be helping out with questions and one-on-one time!

I hope you decide to join us, but it's fine if you don't--there are always workshops going on for every sort of thing around here!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 pm
Virgil says...

I wrote up a response before @Lumi responded and both him and @Mea are absolutely right! I hope you decide to join us as well. :3

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical