z

Young Writers Society

How to post a story already written with many chapters

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 am
Skywind555 says...

Hey, new member here.

I was wondering what I should do if I already have 47 chapters written and want to post it on this website. I was looking for additional websites to post my story onto and came upon this website.

I saw that I only have 200 points so does that mean I can only post one chapter? I tried to upload my document with 214k words but it doesn't load. I also don't think it preserves block quotes which I use in the document.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:59 am
Iggy says...

Hi there!

YWS depends on a review-point ratio. Basically, when you review other people's work, you receive points which you can then use to post your works for others to review. It's a cycle that has successfully helped many authors receive feedback on their works. So, in order for you to post your chapters, you'll need to get reviewing! For now, you can post the first chapter of your story. I recommend posting one chapter at a time, because a lot of us find it hard to review lengthy works with more than one story in them. And as you said, there's a character limit.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post here or pm me!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:09 pm
Sassafras says...

The best thing for you, I think would be to get into the forums and start reviewing. There are also other ways to acquire points here. You could visit the YWS Trading Post or, if you want to spend your points in order to get reviews from specific people or on a specific piece, you can visit Will Review For Food.

OR, if you're saying "Bump that noise!", you're still in time for Camp NaNoWriMo. You say you already have a novel written, but if you haven't already edited it, then this is the perfect time. Instead of posting your story chapter by chapter as it already is, you can post it as you edit through it.

This will also help give you more time to get involved with the community as you're introducing us to the wonderful world of your novel. And allow more time for building up points and getting familar with reviewing.

Man, I sound like I'm selling something xD I am, it's this site lol
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:49 am
View Likes
Kale says...

We also have a Novel Workshop forum where you can attach the entire document to your first post, although that place is a bit slow.

I'd recommend promoting your work in Writers Corner by creating a project thread if you do post in Novel Workshop.

Additionally, reviewing other members' chapters in the Green Room or just in general is a great way to put yourself out there and get yourself known. People are typically happy to return the reviewing favor if you review them first. ;P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:46 pm
zaminami says...

Yes, you can only post one. But if you review pieces you can get points to post the other chapters. It also might be helpful to post two chapters at a time, but it's a little harder to review two chapters at once.

Stories in the Green Room give you more points if you review them.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Also, it's recommended each chapter you upload be between 1,500 and 2,000 words! Much longer makes it really hard to review.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown