z

Young Writers Society

Post long essay before or after review day?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm
beccalicious94 says...

Does it make more sense to share my long essay before Review Day, where no one else can share anything and will be reviewing even those longer works (some which will have bee there much longer) or wait until after Review Day when the Green Room is hopefully *fingers crossed* cleared?

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 pm
Virgil says...

Either time is fine! If you're wanting reviews quicker, I'd say do it before Review Day since a lot of people will be reviewing out and about. Though if you do want to wait until the Green Room has less works, that's cool too! Whatever you want to do most, really.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:02 am
Aley says...

It depends on what type of review you want too.

If you want a more in-depth review, then you might consider buying a review from the trading post, or going to the WRFF area with specific requests about what you want reviewed, or, post it after review day when the reviewers will be less pressed to review many things in one or two days.

If you don't care about the quality so much, but you just want to know what people think, it can be good to wait until around Review Day so you get those quick reviews, and you're likely to get them since it will be near the top of the default Green Room page.

However, old Green Room works, like things from the beginning of the month, do go up in award on Review Day, so if you post it now, and it sits until Review Day, you'll have a great shot at getting it reviewed.

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2