z

Young Writers Society

How do I receive points on here?

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:15 am
BlackWidow says...

It keeps saying that I have 0 points on here. So I replied to some reviews, I gave some reviews of my own. It still says I have 0 points.
What do I have to do to gain enough points to post more of my work? If I can't post any of my work on here then I need to delete my profile because I came here to get some exposure.

Someone please get back to me as soon as possible.
I just need to understand how this works.
Doesn't this website give you points for certain actions? Or do I have to solely rely on other users to give me points?
Black Widow

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:32 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Hey BlackWidow!

So the main way of getting points is by posting reviews (Users can donate points to each other, but that's not really a way of getting points). Replying to reviews doesn't get you any points.

I had a quick look at your profile and it doesn't seem to show that you've posted any reviews, only comments to reviews. You'll need to make sure that you're posting your review in the big review box underneath the work, rather than as a comment to someone else's review in order to get points. Also, the little button thing underneath where it says 'Is this a review?' needs to be set to Yes.

There is a minimum number of characters that you need to have in order for a reply to count as a review, which I can't remember off the top of my head but it works out to about four complete sentences.

Hopefully this was helpful, but if you need any further help don't hesitate to give me a shout! :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 am
BlackWidow says...

Okay, that explains where I went wrong. I have in fact posted reviews before but I never set the "Is this a review" tab to yes. I didn't know I had to.

So, if I use the appropriate number of characters then I automatically get points? Or does it depend on the individual user?

I thought I had to wait for another user to give me points based on a review or something.
But you're saying all/most of my points are given automatically after I give a review?
Black Widow

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 am
Aley says...

The points will be granted automatically when you have the little review button flipped over correctly. You just have to write enough for it to count as good feedback. If you review things in the Green Room, you can get extra points too because those works haven't gotten two reviews yet.

The points will automatically add to your total and everything once you start using the review button!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:01 am
Rosendorn says...

Also, if you ever forget to click "yes" on the review, send it over to a moderator and we can mark them as reviews for you! You'll be funded points once we do that, too.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf