z

Young Writers Society

How do I preserve whitespace when publishing?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:48 pm
Silberfee says...

I know this was asked before but I dont know how to make a microsoft word document into a imagr format. Could someone explain to me step by step how to turn my microsoft word document into an acceptable format?

Many thanks

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I don't use Microsoft, I use Pages, so I don't know how they are different, but I just copy/paste. Sometimes where the page changes there is a bit of an odd format, but generally it's acceptable.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

For me the answer depends on what you're publishing.

1) For poems where you're not doing anything strange with the formatting, I use the html editor with the <br> code, as described here: Formatting poetry #3.

2) For something like a shape poem, where the formatting is really important and more likely to get messed up, I would take a screencap of it, then post the image. If you have Windows 7 or later, you have something called the "Snipping Tool" where you can take a cropped image of your screen and save it.

Once you've done that, you can go to the Publishing Center and click on the "Insert Image" icon in the editor, which looks like a little mountain. From there, you can upload the image of your poem from the Snipping Tool.

If you don't have the snipping tool, then I think you have to use the Print Screen button and then crop it.

Hope that helps! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:49 pm
Silberfee says...

thank you for the tips! When I think my pieces are ready to publish I will attempt to follow your advice. I'm currently editing two pieces at the moment :)

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines