z

Young Writers Society

Story Length?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 pm
mellifera says...

So I recently posted one of my 'short stories' called Killer Beauty, and I'm working on the second part to it. While I planned for there to originally be one longer short story, the whole plot I wanted to squeeze in didn't fit in one part, so I posted it in one part and I was working on the second part.

The question I have is where to put it. Now I'm starting to wonder if there is either going to be a really long second part or a third part, but no matter what I'm positive it's going to go over the 1,000-7,500 word count that a 'short story falls under, so technically, it's going to turn into a Novellete.

Do I leave it under short story and just have two/three separate parts or do I put it under Novels? Because it's not going to be longer than three parts I should think, so I want to know where it would be best suited.
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Put it wherever you feel it best fits! YWS is pretty loose about novels vs short stories, so as long as you feel comfortable, you're fine ^^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Will do. Thank you!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality