z

Young Writers Society

Story Length?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 pm
mellifera says...

So I recently posted one of my 'short stories' called Killer Beauty, and I'm working on the second part to it. While I planned for there to originally be one longer short story, the whole plot I wanted to squeeze in didn't fit in one part, so I posted it in one part and I was working on the second part.

The question I have is where to put it. Now I'm starting to wonder if there is either going to be a really long second part or a third part, but no matter what I'm positive it's going to go over the 1,000-7,500 word count that a 'short story falls under, so technically, it's going to turn into a Novellete.

Do I leave it under short story and just have two/three separate parts or do I put it under Novels? Because it's not going to be longer than three parts I should think, so I want to know where it would be best suited.
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Put it wherever you feel it best fits! YWS is pretty loose about novels vs short stories, so as long as you feel comfortable, you're fine ^^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Will do. Thank you!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost