z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 am
WritingWolf says...

If you have an idea on a way to improve YWS is there a place you're supposed to post it? Or is there a person you're supposed to PM it to?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 am
crossroads says...

I was wondering that too, and I haven't found such a place. However, you can always PM Nate, our Founder, he's nice (just like everyone else).. I think you can send a message to the Big Brother as well, or one of the mods.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey WritingWolf and Aria,

If you have an idea, the best place for sharing it would be The Lounge, and you can do so by starting a topic there. However, if the idea is concerning a new feature, YWS at this time is what's known as "feature-frozen." That is, no new feature ideas are being considered or will be considered at this time. This is because there are already a large number of features in development. So if your idea is concerning a feature, you can still start a topic, but it won't be considered. More than likely, it's probably already under development.

121 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 am
WritingWolf says...

How long do you estimate it will be 'till the "feature-frozen" stage ends?

121 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:22 am
WritingWolf says...

I keep getting notifications that someone has posted/replied on my wall. But when I go there I don't see any new posts. Does anyone know what is causing this? Or what I could do about it?

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 am
Nate says...

To be honest, I have no idea what's causing it. What's odd is that it's not happening to everyone either, and it seems to be disproportionately affecting new members (i.e., people who joined after 2011).

Sometime next week, I'll take a look into it and find out what's going on.

121 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 am
WritingWolf says...

Thanks Nate. :)

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 pm
Meep says...

When I was active here (2006~2009), there was a forum for not-so-young writers. Does that place still exist?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 am
jackolantern says...

Hi! I'm an old member, but I took a break...for like two years... anyway, I just got back on and I'm interested in posting part of a novel. Are there rules for this kind of thing? Do I just post it in order? Post a first draft? All of it at once? how does this work exactly? (thank you for taking time to answer this)

425 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am
Nate says...

Hey Jack, welcome back! There's no specific rules for posting a novel, but the best way to go about doing it is to only upload a new chapter once every few days. And when you upload the first chapter, be sure to create a specific folder in your portfolio for it (this can be done on the second page of the submission process).

Getting people to review chapters past the first couple can be tough, though. However, if you review the chapters of what other people write, then you should get reviews of your own chapters. Just be sure to leave a shameless plug at the end of your review! A shameless plug is fine just as long as the review itself is an actual review that you spent about 10-15 minutes on.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:25 pm
TheWorldIsMyLife says...

Hey, I've recently been looking into the blogging section of the website and was wondering how I could change the background. There are many interesting looking blogs on here and when I try to change mine it says something about a CSS code. I suck at tech stuff so any help on how I could fix the blog how I want it and stuff?
"We can lick gravity but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming." ~ Wernher von Braun

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 pm
Iggy says...

TheWorldIsMyLife wrote:Hey, I've recently been looking into the blogging section of the website and was wondering how I could change the background. There are many interesting looking blogs on here and when I try to change mine it says something about a CSS code. I suck at tech stuff so any help on how I could fix the blog how I want it and stuff?

Hey there! Go to the little gear icon to the left of the tabs, click it and it will take you to your settings. Click "Blog" and you should find the solution to you problems there!

Or just click this!

Hope that answered your question! Cheers.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 4
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 pm
DestineeHoward says...

I am new to this site, and I was wanting to see if there was any help or pointers that I could get. Thanks (:

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 pm
crossroads says...

Welcome, Dest! May I call you so?

Is there anything in particular that you need help with?
I suggest you to check The Buddy System Club - there you will find YWS mentors, meet other new and old people and find out everything you need ^^

Speaking of mentors, I'm one myself - so don't hesitate if you happen to need or want anything, and feel free to let me know!

See you around~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri May 03, 2013 2:56 pm
View Likes
darklady says...

Is there a way I can:

A) See what I've "Liked" (stories and such)

or

B) Save my favourite stories by other members?

Or is the only way to do this to write reviews on stories? It's just, I don't want to review every story I read and/or like. Some stories have plenty of reviews and I have nothing new to add; I just want easy access to that story again.
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson