z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:42 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

If you have a question, just ask a mod.

Also, you can't lock posts. Moderators are the only ones that can lock threads.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:35 pm
View Likes
_fallingstar_ says...

Er... I posted a story, but it's not in my portfolio. How do I put a story in my portfolio?
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

If you posted fanfiction, it doesn't show up in portfolios. I'm not certain exactly why - perhaps because it's not technically original. But no fanfiction pops up in portfolio.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:10 pm
View Likes
smaur says...

What on earth is SPEW? I keep hearing about it all over the place, and it's kinda driving me nuts.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:29 pm
View Likes
_fallingstar_ says...

Poor_Imp wrote:If you posted fanfiction, it doesn't show up in portfolios. I'm not certain exactly why - perhaps because it's not technically original. But no fanfiction pops up in portfolio.

That makes sense... Thanks! :)
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:52 pm
View Likes
Bazoo says...

I haven't been around for a while...

So, -er-, what happened to the Debate thread? I can't find it anywhere...did it get up and leave when I was gone?

EDIT: Agh, never mind. I see it in User Groups now. Ignore this.
Wow...I want to thank so many people for being here...well of course, God...and um...Nate...let's see...Liz...Brad...Chevy...Satan.

They're all cool.

50 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:52 pm
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

First off, it's good to be back. I missed this place. Anyway onto the question. Is there any basic setup for posting multiple chapters? Should I make a thread, let people post, then make a thread for the next chapter a while later? Or should I keep all the chapters in one post and just give people time to critique one before moving to the next one? Just curious since I have a novel going and don't want to post it all at one time.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:59 pm
View Likes
yoha_ahoy says...

Roaming Shadow wrote:First off, it's good to be back. I missed this place. Anyway onto the question. Is there any basic setup for posting multiple chapters? Should I make a thread, let people post, then make a thread for the next chapter a while later? Or should I keep all the chapters in one post and just give people time to critique one before moving to the next one? Just curious since I have a novel going and don't want to post it all at one time.

Is there any basic setup for posting multiple chapters?
No.

Should I make a thread, let people post, then make a thread for the next chapter a while later? Or should I keep all the chapters in one post and just give people time to critique one before moving to the next one?
You can do either. Both have been done before. It mostly just depends on the length of your story.

Hope I helped. :wink:
~Yoha
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:59 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

Okay, I'm sure the information is already on this site somewhere, but I'm tired, need to eat dinner and have a fair amount of homework, so I'll just ask here. Other than the library you can browse through on this site, where would you suggest I look for an avatar? I tried searching through Google, but it was near impossible to find a decent image that was 100X100 or less. So, any suggestions?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:06 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

What kind of avatar do you want?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

50 Reviews

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:49 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

Well, I was thinking either a wolf or a werewolf, werewolf prefered.

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:58 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

Well, if you can't find one you like, you could always make one! Or if that's too much effort and you still can't find one, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Um.. if you want me to make you one then you'll need to provide a picture though, preferably.

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

50 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:00 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

Eh, I can wait. I've actaully got a particular picture in mind, I just don't have access to it yet. I was more or less looking for a placeholder. It's hard to find a decent picture 100X100 or less.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:30 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Roaming Shadow wrote:Eh, I can wait. I've actaully got a particular picture in mind, I just don't have access to it yet. I was more or less looking for a placeholder. It's hard to find a decent picture 100X100 or less.

These type of complaints keep arising. Don't know why; it's very simple to resize an image to what you want.

So, I've dealt with it. Try uploading the image now. As long as it's under 98 kb, you'll have absolutely no problem! Fixed it such that the image will be automatically resized to 100 by 100, or the proportionally appropiate dimensions.

50 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:51 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

Cool, thanks Nate! I'm not all that computer savy, so I'm not really sure how to resize. Heh, oh well. Thanks again Nate!

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird