z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun May 06, 2018 11:09 am
View Likes
Mea says...

@Aniwriting9162 - Moderators are handpicked by current moderators when we feel there's a need for new moderators. There are three types of mods: administrators, global moderators, and junior moderators. Our job is to keep YWS an awesome place to be! That mostly involves answering questions and helping out new people, keeping the site tidy by making sure stuff is in the right place, and also running lots of fun events. (We also just use the site the way normal members do, writing reviews and posting works and chatting with people. :P) Different JMs moderate different areas of the site, while GMs cover the whole site, and admins do all of that, plus cover some of the back-end server stuff. You can see our YWS Team page for more info on all of that. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:52 pm
ThePrancingPony says...

Hey guys! I’m newish to this site. I had an account a couple years ago but needed a break from the writing world... I’m refreshed and ready to write again! I get this urge to write in September... I think it’s the weather. Anyways, I can’t remember my way around the site but I was wondering how you look up people?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:06 pm
Iggy says...

Hey @ThePrancingPony! Welcome back! You can find our memberlist here: memberlist.php

And if you need anything else, feel free to pm me!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm
View Likes
Wolfy931 says...

Dose anybody know how I can post my art?

1085 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@Wolfy931 - there are a couple different options! You could upload the images to the Publishing Center and post them there, which will cost points but will also let people know you're looking for feedback on your art. If you mostly just want to share your art rather than get feedback, you can do what a lot of other people do and make make a thread in the Art & Photography forum and post there!

If you're asking how to upload an image, generally the best thing to do is to upload it to imgur or some other photo-sharing site and then use [img.]http://linktoimage.jpg[/img.] tags so it displays here. Basically, you copy the link to the photo and put it between the two img tags shown (when you do, make sure to get rid of the periods I put there - that was to make it so the code doesn't work so I can show you the format).

(Posting an image like that won't work in the publishing center, though. In the publishing center, you should see a "picture" button that looks kind of like the ones in Word and Excel, and that will let you upload your image directly.)

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Wolfy931 says...

Thanks I posted it on my wall.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:45 am
View Likes
Anma says...

How do we get are second review star ?

1085 Reviews

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:53 am
View Likes
Mea says...

@Anma - Just keep reviewing! You should get your second star after you've completed 25 reviews. If you want to see how many stars you can get and how many reviews that takes, they're all listed here: Star Ranking System Hope that helps!

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 pm
Briely says...

What exactly is Yws/ What do we really do?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:41 pm
Iggy says...

@Briely this is a site for young writers. The whole purpose of this site is to share what you have written and receive feedback on it. The goal is to review the work of others as well so the community can continue to thrive. We have additional features, such as roleplaying, clubs, community events, etc., but the purpose of the site is to publish original works and review other people’s work :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:44 pm
Briely says...

Okay, Thank you :)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:48 pm
promptlyby12 says...

I just noticed there is a hall of fame featured on YWS. What exactly is it and which members are featured?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm
niteowl says...

@promptlyby12, the Hall of Fame is a collection of all previously featured members. The YWS staff picks a featured member every two weeks. The criteria is generally based on review quality and overall site activity. Hope that helps! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm
Sevtosaze says...

I posted a short romance story entitled 'The Hanging Tree' and it is not shown on the main board. All of my other posts are visible, was it hidden for some reason?

1085 Reviews

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:54 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@Sevtosaze It looks like you probably accidentally saved it as a draft rather than posting it - if it posts successfully, it will use up the 200 points you get when registering as a member. If you go back to the work in the Publishing Center, you should see a button at the bottom of the work that specifically says "Publish." Click on that and continue clicking on the "Publish" button (not "Save Changes") until it shows your work has been published. Hope that helps, and let me know if it's still not working!

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling