z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

Random avatar

Reviews: 19
Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:16 am
amoerizzle says...

I've been looking for the answer to this question, yet haven't seemed to find it yet. I hope someone could help me out.

Points. How do you get them? What are they good for?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:28 am
Snoink says...

You get them by posting in the literary forums, and each post gets a maximum of 100 points. So... either you post a story/poem/essay or you post a critique of another's story/poem/essay (we love critiquers on YWS!) The points can make you the member of the month, or endear you to the members of YWS. And it's cool bragging rights too.

The easiest way to gain points is critiquing everything you see. Plus, if someone sees that you have a lot of points, you'll probably be asked to critique their work. Fun stuff!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:44 am
Amice says...

Umm, I'm new here...
My "little thingie" (?) changed from New Member to Novice
And I was wondering... is that determined by points or what?
Thx

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:40 pm
niteowl says...

That is determined by post count. I don't know the exact post limit for each level, but I know that at 100 posts, you become a Senior Writer, and at 250 you become a Novelist/Custom Rank.

Here's your gift, btw: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:06 pm
Bianca says...

Guys, what exactly are personal galleries? And how do you get a portfolio? From one writing site, you get your own portfolio when you've registered and became a member..does the same rule apply here?

New and confused,
Bianca *** :P
Continue to connect links, touch lives, and make a difference!!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:53 pm
niteowl says...

Personal galleries are where you can put photos and such. And yes, a portfolio comes with the membership.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:03 am
This_Pulchritude says...

Is there any way to change my username? Just one stupid typo....
this...
is how a lover says goodbye.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:19 pm
Nate says...

This_Puchritude wrote:Is there any way to change my username? Just one stupid typo....

Just pm me with the correct name.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:43 pm
Ani May Queen says...

Um, I put up a story and did what it told me for the "pre" thing (Highlighting the entire text and pressing the "pre" button (available under the subject line) will keep any indentations or white space that you have.) But it didn't work and my story is really hard to read now. Can I get a little help here?
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:32 pm
View Likes
Jerikas says...

Ok sounds a bit wierd, but at what age do you stop being a young writer (ie able to use this site)? is it undetermined and at some point you just leave or are you not allowed to post after a certain age?
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:20 pm
View Likes
hekategirl says...

Dammerung wrote:Ok sounds a bit wierd, but at what age do you stop being a young writer (ie able to use this site)? is it undetermined and at some point you just leave or are you not allowed to post after a certain age?

There is no age limit to the Young Writers Society but Nate does have a new website called JustGoat.com for writers 18+ so I guess if you ever feel to old for this site or turn 18 you could go there!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:13 pm
View Likes
Poetriez says...

Is It wrong for me to post my story In two forums because It can go in both catagories? I haven't done so yet.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:19 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Generally, the rule is pick the forum you want it in/it fits in most closely, and only post it there. Too many things could go cross-genre, :shock: and then we'd have floods of double-story posts.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:42 pm
View Likes
Poetriez says...

ok makes sense Just wodnering. too bad there wasnt just a single post and you say what gernes its under and its liek a licnk of some sort
War is war
Nothing else
Nothing more

-J.G. Follett

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:33 pm
View Likes
zell says...

how can you tell if you post something in the right catorgry and to lock yuor posts

Moo.
— Cow