z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 pm
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

Thanks! Got it!! :D
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm
matthewmazer says...

1)As a few people may know I've been working on a big project, KJT. I want to start posting soon, I've only completed the prologue and ending (My gf's got my notebook with the ending so I need to get that from her) and I want to be able to put a link to the chapters in the KJT topic, which is in the Writer's Corner. How do I go about doing that?
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Copy the url of the chapters (Highlight all of it then hold down Ctrl while pressing C), then go to either make a new post or edit an existing post (using the edit button in the bottom right of your post). Place your curser in the box as if you're typing, then hold down Ctrl while pressing V to paste the url. When you make the post, it'll turn into a link.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 pm
matthewmazer says...

Cool, thanks
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

Reviews: 1
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm
View Likes
meganblack91 says...

Is there a way to see reviews you have written for others? Also, how do you see everything someone has submitted? I've tried just clicking on their name, but that brings up a little newsfeed type of thing. I was going to go and read someone's work but all I could get to was the second chapter, and I wanted to start at the first.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

What you're asking for are the profiles, and those aren't finished yet. Nate's still working through the code and perfecting the features before putting them up. So there is currently no way to search through your reviews or a member's repertoire. The best we have is the search bar at the top if you know exactly what you're looking for. (Try searching for that member's novel chapter 2!)

Sorry for the inconvenience!
I make my own policies.

Reviews: 1
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 am
meganblack91 says...

Oh ok, thanks =]

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:14 am
Abid155 says...

Hi Guys, i was a frequent user of this site because i believed the response by other members was exceptional when it came to posting your poetry or other work.

However now the whole merit system has been removed and i still don't understand why, the old system of reviewing someone else's work to collect coins to post your own work was a very fair and respectable system to all members of this site.

Acquiring honest reviews was the best thing about this site as it allowed you to
take in honest criticism and compliments by fellow members of the site. however now anyone can post a piece of their work and not get reviewed by anyone because their is no motivation to review it.

So everyone who see's this post, can you guys please share your thoughts on this matter and tell me why it was also removed in the first place

Thanks for reading people

Hoping to hear a few responses.

Abid.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:10 am
Rosendorn says...

Hi Abid,

Just letting you know there is a point system back in place for reviewing! You can get a maximum of 100 points per review and it takes about 150 to post a work (I think? I forget the exact number, unfortunately). We quite like the merit system and are glad you do, too! :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:19 pm
View Likes
boyan says...

How do you change the rating on one of your works after you put in one and want to change it. I can't find it in the edit tool :(

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm
View Likes
CinnaThePoet says...

How do you find the "Full Reply" option when you are reviewing a work? I can find it in forums, but I can't see it when I'm reviewing literature.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Boyan - there should be an "edit" button to the side of the post, under your user information. If there's any trouble finding it/getting it to work, just send a PM to anyone in green, and they can help!

Cinna - I don't believe there is a full reply to use in the Lit. forums, it's only the reply box.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I've heard people talk about giving other people points again. Is that system back and if so, how do we give other people points?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

I don't think you're able to donate points yet? Not sure why people are saying that!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:15 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Thanks.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster