z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm
emXshorty says...

Thanks Kitty15
"I can't just GO to Pigfarts. It's ON MARS. You need a rocket ship. Do you have a rocket ship, Potter? You know, I bet you do. Oh, look, it's Moonshoes Potter, Starkid Potter, traversing the galaxy on intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!"

-Draco, a VPM

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 pm
DakotaK says...

Ok, so I have a question. lol. How can you change your settings to receive notifications when someone you're following has posted something new, or is that possible?
~Dakota Knight
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 am
Confused.pirate says...

Hey Nate, my friend is trying to register with YWS, but he's not receiving the confirmation email. He clicked 'resend' but still nothing..and it's definitely the right email address. What should he do?
"The differences in life are what create the challenges which open the door to discovery."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

DakotaK wrote:Ok, so I have a question. lol. How can you change your settings to receive notifications when someone you're following has posted something new, or is that possible?

At present, it's not possible to change your notification settings. You can check your feed to see the works people you're following post, which isn't perfect but is available.

Confused.pirate wrote:Hey Nate, my friend is trying to register with YWS, but he's not receiving the confirmation email. He clicked 'resend' but still nothing..and it's definitely the right email address. What should he do?

Try posting on Report a Site Bug, which Nate checks a lot more frequently than this thread!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:21 pm
MasterGrieves says...

Hey Nate :) I was wondering if I can, in the reviews section, post reviews of albums or anything music related?
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 pm
n1o2u3r4 says...

What is the meaning of justifying salvation? Thank you.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 am
abbie651382 says...

How many reviews can we make in one day?
Always wear a smile. You don't know people falling in love on you when you smile.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:45 am
View Likes
Jagged says...

567ajt: Don't take my word for it, but I don't see why not.

abbie: As many as you want.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:56 pm
Tictac268 says...

I understand that to get coins or points of whatever you have to review a work, but I have reviewed many stories and am not any richer. Is it a glitch? Or is the answer right in front of my nose and I'm just to stupid to see it? :|
Impossible is just an opinion.

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 pm
View Likes
SmylinG says...

Tictac268 wrote:I understand that to get coins or points of whatever you have to review a work, but I have reviewed many stories and am not any richer. Is it a glitch? Or is the answer right in front of my nose and I'm just to stupid to see it? :|

It's not a glitch, don't worry. For a post on a work to count as a review it must be 250 characters or more, if I'm not mistaken. Three lines or more just about, I'd say. But if you want to give a good review, it's important to spend at least ten minutes on your review. The more time and effort you put into critiquing and commenting on a person's story or poem and therefore the longer it is, the more points you will achieve! :mrgreen:

The most you can get for a review is 50; or 75 I think if you're the first to comment. If you give a second opinion you also have a chance at scoring more than your regular 50. So just keep it in mind to spend the quality time that is necessary for a great review, and you will be handsomely rewarded!
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm
Tictac268 says...

Omigod thank you thank you thank you thank you

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 pm
Tictac268 says...

Heh heh it is me again...this time I am trying to change my profile pic, but every time i try(I go to edit profile, change the picture, and click submit), then go to the homepage it still shows a picture of a fat cow, instead of the picture i want to change it to. Help? :| :?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm
Tictac268 says...

Wait haha I got it nevermind... :smt023

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:52 am
sarahjane97 says...

I'm new to the Photography forum on this site and I have a question. Are you not allowed to post photos of people here? The reason I'm asking is because all the photos I've seen are of inanimate objects, so...

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm
SmylinG says...

sarahjane97 wrote:I'm new to the Photography forum on this site and I have a question. Are you not allowed to post photos of people here? The reason I'm asking is because all the photos I've seen are of inanimate objects, so...

I would think that if people are your subjects, then it should be okay. I see where you're coming from though with the type of pictures that're posted, and they do tend to be a bit more evolved around just about everything other than people the majority of the time. :lol: At least from what I've seen as well.

As for me personally though, if people were my subjects, I would post what I have in order to gain feedback of what others thought of my work. That's basically what the forum is for after all. Just remember to be mindful of what you'd like to be seen on the site and what you wouldn't like to be seen, for it is public still. But anyway, this is simply my own opinion! I'm sure others might think differently on the matter, so a second opinion might be cool just in case. :mrgreen:
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables