z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:56 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

HELP ! I've been on this site for seven years yet can't remember how to change/remove the image on my about page haha

I've gone to Settings Dashboard --> Profile tab --> Edit profile (and also searched the other options within the profile tab) yet can't find an option for this about page image??? im fully perplexed

Has the option been removed recently from the settings dashboard? or am I just very blind :')

Thanks in advance for any help ~

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:16 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey @AvantCoffee, that feature was temporarily disabled due to some issues, but I completely forgot about it so thanks for the reminder! I'll work on getting it back up soon, and will send you a notification when it's back.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:47 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

All good! Thanks for that update @Nate because I would've been super paranoid about my ability to find things otherwise :P

And a notification for when it's back up would be amazing!~

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:07 pm
View Likes
dragonight9 says...

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering how to post (not publish) and what its all about. (who can see it? Why would you want to post? How can I see other's posts? and such)

The other thing was I notice some people's backgrounds on their home/profile page had been customized and was wondering how that worked.

Lastly, do you have any tips for getting my writing out there to so as many people as possible can see it?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Hey @dragonight9 ! I’m not a mod or anything but I thought I’d answer your questions anyways.

First off, a post is anything you write in a forum. The difference between publishing and posting is that, when you publish something, it’s a literary work and people can write review on it. Posting is just in forums. There’s a bunch of different things to post about in forums (they have sections for things like casual discussion, writing help, serious discussion, etc.). If you want to see someone else’s posts, go to their profile and click on the section that says “posts.”

Second, if you want to change your profile background, go to settings (the gear in the top left), then go to “profile,” then go to “edit style.” There you can change the background to either an image or solid color.

Third, there’s a couple of ways people get their work out there. Sometimes I see people post on their wall to announce when they’ve published something. This also helps if you’re writing multiple chapters and want to keep your readers updated! Another thing is a forum called “Will Review for Food.” A lot of the time, people will make threads asking people to send them stories to review. You could try sending yours here.

I hope this helped :D ! Also welcome to YWS
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

122 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:06 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Hey everyone! I need help with something.

So, when I went to “edit portfolio,” for some reason all of my stuff was set to private (even though I’m pretty sure people can still see it anyways). Why’s it all set to private? What would it do if I un-checked the box?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:28 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Hey @GengarIsBestBoy just saw this and realize it's a few days old, but figured I'd respond in case you were still wondering! It's always seemed a bit backward to me, but the box being checked means that it is published and visible to others. If you uncheck the box, then it becomes a "draft" that is hidden from public view.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:32 pm
View Likes
Benji says...

Hey, not sure if this question is asked before but what's with the Colored letter before usernames? mine was a green "A" but now it's a red "B" that's crossed out, hadn't noticed it before and curious if april fools has anything to do with this mysterious categorization lol
life is a minefield and Lord knows I am navigating it with Clown shoes

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:21 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Indeed, it appears it did! xD I hypothesized that the letters were related to the buttons in this wall post, and our glorious founder Nate explained buttonism in this wall post XD
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat May 27, 2023 1:56 am
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

Hello! I wanted to put a background image in the edit style portion but when I add a link to an image it just says the link is not an image. Help pls hehe
John 3:16; Joshua 1:9; 1 Timothy 4:12
Professional Bible nerd, Christian and classical music enthusiast, and alpaca lover
To God be All the Glory

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat May 27, 2023 4:13 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

hiii @alpacaboss! I can't tell much the reason, tho whenever i want to add a background image/gif I always just google some photo and copy its address and paste it in the edit style, it works most of the time. Maybe you could do that, hope it helped^-^
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

105 Reviews

Sat May 27, 2023 4:26 am
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

Hello @DreamyAlice! Thank you for tips. Unfortunately, I've tried doing that and it doesn't work for me huhuhu

By any chance, can I see the link you used for your background? Maybe that can help me decode the solution to my dilemma

Thank youu
Professional Bible nerd, Christian and classical music enthusiast, and alpaca lover
To God be All the Glory

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat May 27, 2023 8:22 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DarkFlashyConch-max-1mb.gif

this is the gif i currently have as my background^-^
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

122 Reviews

Sat May 27, 2023 3:42 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Howdy hey! I have a question!

Is there any way to delete a story draft? There’s a story in my drafts folder that kinda just gets in the way and I’d like to delete it, is there a way to do that?

105 Reviews

Sun May 28, 2023 1:05 pm
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

DreamyAlice wrote:https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DarkFlashyConch-max-1mb.gif

this is the gif i currently have as my background^-^

Thank you so much!! :D
(I promise I won't copy paste your background HAHAHA)

Thank you again!
To God be All the Glory

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso