z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:25 am
ChrisCalaid says...

I want to ask how many thing can you publish togethor. If it's a peotry, like a cuplet, can you publitsh more than one thing once together?
Thank you for posting this! I'm new, so its so much help.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:36 am
Hattable says...

@Chris%20Dixon - Not sure if I'm understanding your question right, but if it's along the lines of "is there a limit to how many works I can publish?" then nope! You can publish as many works as you want, given you have the necessary points (it's about 200 points per work posted, I believe?)

If that isn't what you were trying to ask please let me know! but hopefully this helps ya out
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:20 pm
niteowl says...

@Chris%Dixon, I think you're asking if you can publish more than one poem in the same work. Technically, you can, but it is somewhat frowned upon since if someone were to post multiple poems in one work, they'd be using less points than if they posted them separately, so it's gaming the system. However, if they're very short or clearly related to each other, I say it's fine. I've posted a bunch of short poems as one work, and I've also done two related poems as one work.

Hope that helps!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 pm
View Likes
ZaffranGrey says...

I've subscribed to a poetry group and want to participate in its daily challenges. Where do I post? Their wall? Members have a poetry logbook, how do I get my own?
Thanks.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:55 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

@ZaffranGrey can you link me to what poetry group you’re referring to?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:26 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@ZaffranGrey that's the camp napo group, thanks for joining - it looks like you were able to figure it out. If you have any more questions please feel free to post on the club wall or PM me directly. :) thanks for sharing your poetry!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:13 pm
WritingIsFun says...

i don't know how to make a new club, how do I do it?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:50 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@WritingIsFun - Click on the Clubs tab at the top of the page (it's in the middle of the row next to Forums) and it'll take you to a page that lists all the clubs. On the right-hand side, underneath the Green Room tab, there should be a large blue button that says "Create a Club." Click on that and follow the steps. Let me know if that doesn't work!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:07 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Hello there!

I want to become a Squillian Journalist but before I apply, I have a few questions:

1. What does a Writer's World Columnist do?
2. or a Resources Reporter?
3. Can I submit an article I've written before (for school) or should I write a new one?
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hey @Katteex Squills is a lot of fun, and good practice writing- you should definitely apply! One of our Squills editors can probably let you know more specifics on those questions -> I'll tag them so they see this @EditorAndPerks @EternalRain @CaptainJack
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:40 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Hello @Katteex ! And thanks for the tag @alliyah

Now, I have answers for your questions. ^^

1. A Writer's World Columnist can really write about what they want, as long as the topics are involved within their "writing world." For instance, here are a couple of previous examples in Squills editions: example one and example two. Pretty much, you can use the title to explore what a "writing world" can mean, can represent, can expand or shrink. It's very up to you!

2. A Resources Reporter can write articles all about what goes on in the Resources part of the main forums page. Some past articles consist of explaining different features of Resources, or going over specific threads talking about novel writing and related topics. Some previous articles on Resources include: example one and example two. There are a lot of ways to approach Resources, but it's a fun topic to dive into.

3. When first applying to Squills, you can use whatever article you want to showcase your writing style, what topics you are interested in, etc. If you wanted to write an article more specific to YWS , however, especially if you're interested in more specific positions, that would also be great. Please submit articles to SquillsBot in the form of a PM.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me! And, thanks for expressing interest in Squills!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:21 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Thank you for this @alliyah and @EditorAndPerks!
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 am
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Just a question regarding where to post something. I have a series of short stories I want to write that follow a (loose) plot, but aren't necessarily related to one another. So, some of them will advance the plot and some of them are just for fun.
I was wondering if I should post them in the novel section or short story section.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

@Lezuli it’s entirely up to you! You could post it in the novel section if you want, or short story. It really doesn’t matter :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:46 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Um... Hey there! If someone could please tell me how to delete drafts I will worship you forever I'd be really grateful!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin