z

Young Writers Society

Reviews without requests?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:35 am
SerenaRaine says...

Hello. :)

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying to fully understand this site.

From what I've gathered, it costs 200 points to post a story, and you can earn more points by reviewing other people's work.

So my question is: Can I review someone's work without having them request a review from me?

I'm a bit nervous about writing reviews, so I just want to get this information straight. I like to be honest and tell people what I really think, but I also consider myself someone who is pretty sensitive to upsetting others and wants to use as much tact as possible. I guess it feels strange to be a newbie here and suddenly giving my opinion.

Thanks!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:41 am
Vervain says...

Yep, you can review someone's work without them requesting it!

It's not a stupid question at all, trust me. I was just as nervous when I joined the site and started reviewing, but everyone has individual feedback that can apply to a work, and everyone's feedback is treasured! Your opinion has just as much weight as that of someone who's been here for years, and you could be the person to open a writer's eyes to a whole new world of improvement.

Basically, reviewing is an awesome thing that everyone can do, and if you're looking for something to review to get started, check out the Green Room for works with less than two reviews!

Welcome to the site, and I hope you have a great time here!
stay off the faerie paths

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 am
SerenaRaine says...

Lareine wrote:Yep, you can review someone's work without them requesting it!

It's not a stupid question at all, trust me. I was just as nervous when I joined the site and started reviewing, but everyone has individual feedback that can apply to a work, and everyone's feedback is treasured! Your opinion has just as much weight as that of someone who's been here for years, and you could be the person to open a writer's eyes to a whole new world of improvement.

Basically, reviewing is an awesome thing that everyone can do, and if you're looking for something to review to get started, check out the Green Room for works with less than two reviews!

Welcome to the site, and I hope you have a great time here!

Thank you! That does make me feel better. :)

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables