z

Young Writers Society

About language, Swearing and age related material

Reviews: 1
Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:28 am
CountClockwise says...

Hello, I couldn't find the answer to this on the main FAQ page so I was wondering what the sites attitude towards swearing. I have the word Bitch in my signature and I'd like to know what the general attitude towards swearing is on this site.

Also while I'm fine with no erotica being here I was also curious where do you draw the line between a tastefully done sex scene and smut?

I just wanted to know so I know the boundaries here :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 am
crossroads says...

Hey there!

In short, we want to keep the site clean and family-friendly at all times, but we don't want to limit anyone's creativity. Hence, swearing is only allowed in literary works, and then the said work needs to be rated properly. Anywhere else in the forums, including people's avatars and signatures, we enforce a no-swearing policy. The exception to that can be certain Storybooks (if the rules of the said Storybook say so, and if there's proper warnings about it, since SB posts appear on the homepage) and, of course, profiles; no one will call you out on swearing on your wall, as long as said swearing isn't used as an insult directed at another member.

Here are the articles that should explain all this and content ratings/fine lines to you:
The YWS Censorship Policy
Content Ratings Guidelines

If you need any more explanations or have questions, feel free to ask!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held