z

Young Writers Society

How to publish draft

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:11 pm
SemperAugustus says...

I published something but then saved it to a draft to make a slight adjustment. When I wanted to re-publish the work, the publish button is no longer there :shock: even though it says:

"This work is currently saved as a draft. You can change this by clicking "Publish it!""

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:37 pm
Iggy says...

That's really odd. Sounds like it might be a site bug. Give me a second and I'll link you to the site bug thread, so you can make the site owner, Nate, aware of the issue. In the meantime, I'll give you your points back so you can try again? Just copy and paste the text, then go into the publishing center and try again :)

Edit: Report a site bug please read the first post!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:39 pm
SemperAugustus says...

Thanks, I'll try that.

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 am
monotonix says...

That's my issue too. I don't have any points I'm a new member.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@monotonix Try clicking on the Publishing Center, then "Edit Portfolio" on the left. You'll then get a page that has a list of the folders you've created. Click on the name of the folder you attempted to save the work in. From there, you should see the name of your work and to the right there's a column of tick boxes called "Private". In order for the work to show up, you want that box to have a tick in it. It's kind of counter-intuitive, but the tick means that the work is public. No tick means that it's private.

I'm assuming the work's been somehow set to private, because saving a draft won't use up your points. If that doesn't work let me know.

Regarding not having any points, you'll gain points by reviewing other people's works. Every new member starts out with enough points to post one work, then to gain more points you need to review. :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:39 am
teenlife101 says...

I cant even find how to make a draft anyone know :D

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:30 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

@teenlife101

Click the Publishing Center button in the site header:

Then click the red "Add a new work" button:

And that should be it! From there you can type in your draft, or copy and paste it, and proceed with actually posting it to the site.

You can also manage your folders/make new folders in that area. Hopefully that helps!
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy