z

Young Writers Society

Portfolio order

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:52 pm
~Volant~ says...

Hi! It's been forever since I've been here, and so much has changed! I'm glad to see how much the site has grown!!

I had a question about portfolios. I noticed that the oldest topic is displayed first. Since I first started posting in 2007/2008....I'd rather my newer stuff be displayed first. Is there a way to change the order?

Is there, perhaps, a way to display a whole folder first? Let's say I wrote a novel with a series of chapters, or I wanted people to see my short stories first because they're the most complete. Would it be possible to have that folder pop up as default, instead of the default unsorted folder?

Thanks for your help!
Where are we going?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 pm
Iggy says...

Unfortunately, it seems you can't change the order of the folders. You can change the order of the works within the folder, but you can't change the folder order. And you can't set it up to where works will automatically go into folders like you can with PMs, I'm afraid. When you submit a work, you can set which folder it will go into, so that might help?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:30 pm
Vervain says...

Actually, the folders in the portfolio as others see it are in alphabetical order, so if you wanted to show a whole novel first, you could probably make your Unsorted folder empty and then have "A - Novel Title" to make it be on top.

For example, I have two WIP novels titled Absolute and Balance; I started writing Balance first, so in my Edit Portfolio screen that shows up on top, but in my actual portfolio, Absolute is on top.
stay off the faerie paths

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:00 pm
~Volant~ says...

Thanks!! That's good to know! ^^
Where are we going?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal