z

Young Writers Society

Publishing

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:31 pm
MissLyricz says...

Hey there!

I'm still pretty new to YWS and how everything works, so if you could please help me with a little dilemma I'm having, I'm sure I won't have the same problem in the future. :smt001

I completed a writing piece and clicked the "Publish It!" tab. Then it asks me to log in, so I do, even though that doesn't make any sense because I'm already logged in. Next thing I know, it didn't publish my writing piece at all and it's like I spent all of that time writing it for no reason because it completely disappears!

I was just wondering if there was a reason as to why this happens. Do I need to have a certain amount of review stars to publish work? Or anything else that is required before I can publish writing? Or is there a glitch in the system?

I would really appreciate your help, thank you so much in advance! :D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:12 pm
Carlito says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! :D

You only need 200 points to post a new work, so I'm not sure why that didn't work for you. You can report site bugs here and Nate will do his best to help! I would also make sure you save any work you're going to post on YWS somewhere else as well just so you don't lose anything if something goes wrong.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:40 am
MissLyricz says...

Hey! Thank you, I appreciate your welcome! :D

Thanks for the advice and help, I am grateful for your support, my friend!

I had more than enough points to publish, but I have no idea why it didn't work. Quite odd, but I'll be sure to try out your suggestion by contacting Nate.

Thank you!!

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:49 pm
Aley says...

You know, this might actually be something other than points.

Your computer might be failing to send the information or who knows what. If you click the Publish button at the bottom of the Publishing Center after writing you should be taken to a screen where you can edit all of the warnings, details, and give a brief description. Until you publish it again from that screen, it's not published. Try hitting "preview" to make sure that everything is working properly before you hit Publish.

As for your work getting lost, you can keep your work by saving it through a WriterFeedPad [found under "Me"] or just on your computer on word. I wouldn't rely on WFPs completely considering they can sometimes be buggy and disconnect, but just saving your writing as a word document on your computer or on a flashdrive is recommended not only to have a copy in case the internet is inaccessible, but also for records so you know when you wrote it.

If this is still giving you trouble, tell us please.

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn