z

Young Writers Society

Publishing issue?

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 am
Winter257 says...

Hello! I'm new to YWS, and so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. I recently tried to post a poem for some feedback, but in the preview and draft itself, I can't get it to separate into stanzas. I didn't want to post it without, so could anyone help me out? I've tried spacing it once and even more than once. It still doesn't separate once I save it. I am on the website from a tablet, could that have anything to do with it? Any help would be appreciated!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:35 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Hey there!

This has to do with how YWS's text editor works. There are a few ways to fix it so your poetry shows up in proper stanzas.

The one I use is this: When I add a new poem in the Publishing Center, I go into the HTML editor instead of the text box—you can access the HTML editor by pressing the </> button on the far left of the editor, next to the Bold and Italics buttons.

In the HTML editor, I paste the text of my poem, and at the end of every line (even blank lines) I type "<br>" (without the quotation marks). This way, the editor recognizes that you want a line break, not a paragraph break, between your lines.

Another way: I don't know how this would work on a tablet, but I know on a computer you can fix this by hitting Shift+Enter between every line as opposed to just Enter.

I hope I could help!
stay off the faerie paths

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 am
Winter257 says...

I just tested it out quickly, and the "<br>" thing works. Thanks so much for the help! :)

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird