z

Young Writers Society

Publishing issue?

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 am
Winter257 says...

Hello! I'm new to YWS, and so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. I recently tried to post a poem for some feedback, but in the preview and draft itself, I can't get it to separate into stanzas. I didn't want to post it without, so could anyone help me out? I've tried spacing it once and even more than once. It still doesn't separate once I save it. I am on the website from a tablet, could that have anything to do with it? Any help would be appreciated!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:35 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Hey there!

This has to do with how YWS's text editor works. There are a few ways to fix it so your poetry shows up in proper stanzas.

The one I use is this: When I add a new poem in the Publishing Center, I go into the HTML editor instead of the text box—you can access the HTML editor by pressing the </> button on the far left of the editor, next to the Bold and Italics buttons.

In the HTML editor, I paste the text of my poem, and at the end of every line (even blank lines) I type "<br>" (without the quotation marks). This way, the editor recognizes that you want a line break, not a paragraph break, between your lines.

Another way: I don't know how this would work on a tablet, but I know on a computer you can fix this by hitting Shift+Enter between every line as opposed to just Enter.

I hope I could help!
stay off the faerie paths

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 am
Winter257 says...

I just tested it out quickly, and the "<br>" thing works. Thanks so much for the help! :)

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind