z

Young Writers Society

HELP!

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 pm
Unashamed116 says...

HELP PLEASE! I didn't know where else to post this! :!: I need to get my works anf folders permanently deleted from this site... how can I do that?
Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! You're gorgeous, you're amazing, you're talented, you're loved, you're worth it. Keep smiling! Chin up, head high. You've got this. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I've always got your back. :D

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 pm
Willard says...

Welcome to YWS

You can't delete works, but you can go to the Publishing Center, click on said work you want to delete, and unpublish it. By doing that, it is made so that you would be the only one able to see the work. Wa-la!

As for the folders, I believe they're not able to be deleted.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 pm
Unashamed116 says...

Can the admin permanently delete them? They keep popping up on Google when I search the names, but I need them gone.
Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! You're gorgeous, you're amazing, you're talented, you're loved, you're worth it. Keep smiling! Chin up, head high. You've got this. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I've always got your back. :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 pm
Meshugenah says...

In that case, it's popping up because Google has it indexed. Clicking on the link, though, should not lead to a page with your actual work on it.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:51 pm
Unashamed116 says...

It doesn't, but it has the title of my work. I really, really, REALLY need this fixed!!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:10 am
Zolen says...

You really must hate that title and work.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:13 am
Unashamed116 says...

Yeah...Something like that. I just need it gone. Someone please help me. I've already contacted Nate about it, but I don't know when he'll get back to me. Why did Google index it? :'( lol

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 am
Iggy says...

Gonna move this to Questions and Answers. :)

Nate should get back to you when he can! Just give him a bit, he's a busy guy.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 am
Unashamed116 says...

Thanks. I'm trying...But I literally NEED it gone ASAP!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 pm
niteowl says...

We do not delete works from the site, as it messes with the database.

You can always edit the title of your work to something like "deleted". In your portfolio, I currently see only one empty folder titled "Deleted". I don't know what shows up on Google, but whoever would be searching for your work won't be able to see it.

You can, however, delete empty folders.
Go to the Settings tab (gear icon)
Click on "Profile", then "Edit Portfolio"
Here, you can see your folders and what's in them.
Click on the folder you want to delete, then if it's empty, you can delete it.

Or you can leave it until you have something else to post, then edit it. That's what I would do. :P

I'm not sure why you want them gone so urgently, but I don't think you need to do any more than you've already done to remove the works.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec