z

Young Writers Society

Wasn't Sure Where Else to Put This...?

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 pm
Unashamed116 says...

HOw do I delete something out of a folder and a post out of a topic? Thanks!
Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! You're gorgeous, you're amazing, you're talented, you're loved, you're worth it. Keep smiling! Chin up, head high. You've got this. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I've always got your back. :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:22 pm
Iggy says...

I believe with drafts, there's a bug that prevents you from deleting them, but I can check that for you right now. Unless you mean something other than drafts?

With a post, just click the tiny x button at the bottom right hand corner of your post.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 pm
Iggy says...

Awesome, it looks like the draft bug was fixed. What you do is you go to your settings (click the gear tab) and it will take you to your overview. Look at the list of tabs on the left-hand corner, click the one that says "manage drafts", checkmark the draft you wanna delete, and delete it. It should work!

Does that help?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 pm
niteowl says...

Hi there and welcome to YWS! I moved this for you to "Questions and Answers" since that is for questions about the site.

If by "delete something out of a folder", you mean delete a work, you technically can't. However, you can unpublish the work by opening the work, clicking on "Edit work" on the sidebar", and clicking "Unpublish" below the text. This will save the work as a draft so only you can see it. You can republish the work anytime without spending points.

You can also simply delete all the text and replace it with something like "Deleted by author"

For deleting posts, you should be able to see the "Edit" (a pencil) and "Delete" (x) buttons on any post that you make in the bottom right of the signature.

@Iggy from the board FAQ "Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied."

In that case, you should still be able to edit and say "Deleted" or something.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 am
Unashamed116 says...

Can anyone on this site permanently delete drafts and works?
Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! You're gorgeous, you're amazing, you're talented, you're loved, you're worth it. Keep smiling! Chin up, head high. You've got this. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I've always got your back. :D

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson