z

Young Writers Society

How can I begin?

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm
Lina98 says...

Hello! :D I'm Lina, and I'm new in here! I would like to know how can I begin; because I thought of already publishing my works, but I've read something about reviews and points and I don't know how that works! I am really confused, because I don't have absolutely any idea about how to write a review! Please, help help help!! :!: :!:

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Hello, I'm here to lend a helping hand. A lot of your questions can be answered if you read this article: Are you a new member? Read me!

So I will quote directly from this article on my reply here:
To post your work, go to "Publishing Center" on the navigation bar at the top of every page. You must first create a folder by clicking the "Create a Folder" button. Then, a red "Add a New Work" will show up and direct you to the page to do so.

Ok,so that was directly from the article and so it's pretty self-explanatory on how you do that.

Again I really recommend reading that article because there it explains what points are and how you can review someone's work. Reviewing is like critiquing another writer's work,so it's a good idea to basically start with the YWS Critiquing Sandwich which looks like this:
Spoiler! :

The YWS Critique Sandwich -That's just a basic layout for your beginners reviews.

Please remember to make the reviews helpful and preferably a bit longer, and provide clear instruction,examples,and feedback to the author of the work.
I really reccomend this awesome article by an expert reviewer on YWS. How To Write A Good Critique

I hope that I helped you a bit,and please make sure to look into those articles for more information and explanation.

Sit down,buckle up,and enjoy the ride!

/Pretzel/
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Lina98 says...

Thank you so much! I will read these articles and begin reviewing!! Your answer was really helpful! Thank you again!! :D :)

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman