z

Young Writers Society

I need points

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:30 am
dittoslash says...

Can someone please give me some points? I'm really bad at writing reviews and I got an account to just write stories.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:06 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS!

We ask that you please do as the rest of us and review. How do you know if you aren't good at reviewing when you haven't made a single review? The only time you're ever bad at reviewing is when you simply review spam in order to get points, with no regards for the author or your fellow reviewers. Anything else is good, especially if you give it your best effort! There are so many topics in this forum that you can read through that will help you with reviewing, so good luck!

PS: Moved this from the Knowledge Base to Q&A.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:24 am
dittoslash says...

I know I'm not good at reviewing because I can't type anything that meets the GOD DAMN 250 CHARACTER ARBITRARY LIMIT.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I would suggest reading other people's reviews to get as acquainted with how they should look like. There are many awesome reviewers on here.
Need Help Writing a Basic Review?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm
Iggy says...

dittoslash wrote:I know I'm not good at reviewing because I can't type anything that meets the GOD DAMN 250 CHARACTER ARBITRARY LIMIT.

Sorry, but that's the way we run things here. If we just gave everyone free reign to post whatever, no one would review anything and no author would get any feedback on their work.

I encourage you to look at the forum I linked you to. If you need any help, you can PM me, but other than that.. I can't really help you. Reviewing is something you have to do if you want to post your works here.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 am
lostthought says...

I actually had that problem when I first started. I thought the site was trying to steal all my reviews >.>

Yeah, it gets better the more you review. If it didn't, everyone on here would be sucky reviewers. (No offense guys)
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell