z

Young Writers Society

What happened...

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:46 pm
MonsterMark says...

So I just posted my work, and it came out formatted wrong. I tried to fix it, but when I tried to edit it, it didn't show up. It's not in the Green Room either. The only way to get to it is to go to my account and then my profile.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:47 pm
MonsterMark says...

Just realizing that this was probably supposed to be in some other forum. I'm sorry :? Please give me a pass, I'm new here.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:00 pm
crossroads says...

Hi there, welcome :)

Your work seems to be unpublished/posted as draft - it isn't showing in your portfolio. If you can access it, try clicking edit and then see if there's a "publish it" button.

As for formatting, it's a common issue with poetry, I'm afraid. There are ways to fix it, the easiest being to insert certain things between the lines and for spaces. Unfortunately, it's been forever since I've posted a poem, but I'm hereby paging @Widdershins, @Lumi, @Aley and @PenguinAttack as a few people on top of my head who most likely have all the answers about this mojo.

Also, I've moved your thread to the place it belongs!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:06 pm
niteowl says...

Here's some articles on formatting poetry (yes, it's a known flaw of this otherwise great website).

Formating Poetry #2
How to Format Poetry

Hope that helps! And welcome to YWS! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:25 am
MonsterMark says...

Thanks for moving my thread! I probably should have clarified; It shows up in my portfolio, but not the publishing center or the Green Room. I even got a PM thanking me for posting! I really appreciate all the help, though.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:27 am
Rosendorn says...

Sometimes, works aren't visible to you in the green room but they are very much there. I've had it happen where I get friends to check if a work is in the green room because I can't see it, and they tell me it is there for them.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:33 pm
crossroads says...

MonsterMark wrote:Thanks for moving my thread! I probably should have clarified; It shows up in my portfolio, but not the publishing center or the Green Room. I even got a PM thanking me for posting! I really appreciate all the help, though.

Nope, it isn't showing, not for anyone except yourself. I checked your portfolio then and I checked it now - you have an "unsorted" folder and a "poetry" folder, but they both appear empty. Try editing your portfolio via the settings tab (the one between the home one and All Literary, with a gear on it) to make sure your work is in the right folder and not published as a draft.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said