z

Young Writers Society

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think Weekend!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think Weekend
April 24th-26th

It's not yet summer, it's not winter time anymore, and I think we're all in that slump. We just want school to be over and summer to be here, don't we? This can leak into our writing, and we can get down ourselves and our writing very easily. This event is designed to cure out cold weather blues and get us ready for a productive summer! We've got all kinds of events planned and jam packed into just three days! Are you excited? We are!

!This Weekend's Features!

-Articles About Staying Positive in Our Writing!
With Dr. Seuss as our writing inspiration, a few of the mods are cooking up some articles to remind us that our writing rocks! Click Here!!

-Two Contests!
Not just one, two!
The first oneis an inspirational prose or poetry contest, and the second one is a NaPo Poetry Contest.

-Word Wars Set Up at Different Points During the Weekend To Help with the end of NaPo and Camp NaNo
I'll just announce (or another mod will) when we're going to have a word war, and all you have to do is go look for a Word War titled "Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think"!

-Reviewing Contest on Review Day
If you enter this contest and review the most during review day wins a prize. Pretty simple! Click this link to sign up!

-The #LoveYourWriting hashtag takeover!
Post on your wall with this hashtag, with a reason you love your writing and/or a piece of your favorite writing. When you see this hashtag, like the status or comment what you liked about the post! Spread the positive energy!

-The Creativity Craze trend!
Going hand in hand with the #LoveYourWriting hashtag, there will be an Art and Photography thread for you to post creative pictures with captions/poems/short stories that you've written. Let's get creative and crazy, shall we? Make sure to like your favorite, even if you're not participating, because crowd favorite wins a badge! Click this link to see the thread and start posting!

-Vote for Your Favorite Dr. Suess Quote Poll
What's your favorite Dr. Suess Quote? When the weekend begins, the YWS official poll for you to vote! Tell us why that quote is your favorite!

-Dr. Seuss Themed Prompts
Later this month, you'll start to see prompts inspired or taken directly from Dr. Seuss popping up! How fun is that?Check it out HERE!

All in all, this event is really just meant for us to shake off the icky dust of winter, and embrace summer with all of us and our awesomeness! How does that sound?

Oh The Thinks You Can Think!

hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm
LadySpark says...

The Prompts Are Here!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:10 pm
LadySpark says...

hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown