z

Young Writers Society

Reviewed.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:37 am
FireBird99 says...

How do I post my stuff to get reviewed? :P
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:44 am
Iggy says...

Hey there! I'm gonna move this topic to the "Questions and Answers" board. :-)

You post a work by clicking on the Publishing Center, up at the very top, in that black bar. Let me know if you still don't see it. :-)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:46 am
Aley says...

Hello FireBird99!~

Welcome to YWS.

If you'd like to read someone else tell you how to post your literary work, you can follow this link here: Are you a new member? Read me! but otherwise I've got some tips for you.

First off, you have to have enough points to post a literary work. Sometimes the points are down low around 200 points, other times it's up at 500 points because the Green Room is pretty full.

The Green Room is the section of YWS where literary works go before they get 2 reviews so people can quickly find something that needs a new review.

You can get points by reviewing literary works. This means giving constructive criticism and ways that they can improve. You can learn more about the formula for a good critique here: The YWS Critique Sandwich

When you review something, you can get up to 175 points, but that is 75 points over the typical total, let me break it down for you

You can get up to 100 points for word count and quality.
You can get an extra 50 if it is a work in the Green Room mentioned earlier
You can get an extra 25 if it is a work in the Green Room that has been there for a long time.

So if you review a work in the Green Room with a long quality review, and the work has been there for a while (3+ days I think it is, it might be a week or more) then you can get 175 points.

You can find these mythical old Green Room works by clicking on the Green Room at the top of your page, then clicking Oldest.

So you have the points, now what?

Now you click "Publishing Center" and follow the steps there.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher