z

Young Writers Society

Several questions I should already know.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:33 pm
WritingWolf says...

Seeing as I've been on YWS for nearly two years, I really should already know these things. But oh well. Here are my questions...
1. How do you tag someone?

2. If you were to write a graphic novel and wanted reviews for it, how would you go about that? Would you post it in Art & Photography? Or you could you submit the images as a literary work, and if so would it go under novels/chapter of other?

3. In WriterFeed Pad is there any way to make it so that others can view the pad, but not edit it?

answered

One more question I forgot to put up there. I had one folder in my portfolio that I forgot to name when creating it. So when you go to my portfolio it shows up as "Untitled." But when I go to edit my portfolio it shows up without a name. But to open a folder to edit it you have to click on the name. But it doesn't have name, and I can't add a name without opening the page for that folder. I dunno what to do. I can't open the folder to edit it. What should I do?
Last edited by WritingWolf on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 pm
crossroads says...

1. Use @ Like this @WritingWolf

2. A&P would be the place for that! Make a nice topic and note that you'd like to get some reviews on it, and I bet people will comment on it a lot :3 Graphic novels are awesome, btw

3. Not quite, actually.. There's the button that says Time Slider, though, in the top right corner of every WFP. If you send someone link to that, they'll be able to see it but not edit it, and it might be the thing you're looking for!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

121 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:32 pm
WritingWolf says...

Thank you! :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Also, for usernames with a space in them (like mine), use %20 in place of the space for it to work.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

XD @Rosey%20Unicorn! I tried forever, once, to tag you... and gave up, very confused!
100% autistic

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 am
Rosendorn says...

Yeah, haha. I'm one of the few left with a space in my name, and I'm left teaching a lot of people how to tag me. :P
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

121 Reviews

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:21 pm
WritingWolf says...

Thanks. :)
One more question I forgot to put up there. I had one folder in my portfolio that I forgot to name when creating it. So when you go to my portfolio it shows up as "Untitled." But when I go to edit my portfolio it shows up without a name. But to open a folder to edit it you have to click on the name. But it doesn't have name, and I can't add a name without opening the page for that folder. I dunno what to do. I can't open the folder to edit it. What should I do?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm
Demeter says...

@WritingWolf - I just tried looking at mine and creating a portfolio without a title, but it didn't let me do that. Maybe @Rydia or @Meshugenah would have a better idea?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:19 pm
Rydia says...

Ah, that's an odd one! You can't actually make a folder without a name now is the good news, but I'm not sure what can be done about an existing one. Annnd I can't actually make one to experiment.

@WritingWolf - if you want me to take a close look, would it be okay for you to e-mail me the password to your account and then change it after? Or you can change it to something random, let me know what that is, and then change it back to your normal password when I've had a look.

It may be something only Nate could fix, but I'm happy to give it a try first!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby