Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Welcome Mat

Bonjour, Hola, Konichiwa, Aloha, Hello, etc

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 am
View Likes
melcally says...

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd let everyone know that I exist. My name is Melanie; you can call me Mel or Melly, if you want, I don't care. I'm 18, about to turn 19 in a few days; Saturday to be exact :!: I'm the youngest of four, I live in Georgia, I have a dog name Stella (She hates me) and I'm a "music junkie".

Anyhow, I love to write, which is clear because I'm on this website. :D I dabble in poetry, but my true love is story telling. :smt003 I have a lot of idea's bouncing around in my head and as to not make myself go crazy, I write it all down. Though I have to tendency to start short stories or novels and not finish them; as of 07' I started a novel called "Vixen" and almost more than 3 years I'm almost done (personal changes here and there) and I'm in the process of finding a literary agent...which is much harder than I thought would be. But it's a process and I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

So this is me saying 'Ello, to the people of I'm VERY glad that I found this website because after, maybe, a day I'm already loving the feedback I'm getting for my work and reading the work of other! Everyone is so talented!

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:27 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

Hey there Mel, welcome to the site! What exactly do you mean by music junkie -- what sort of music? :D What sort of movies do you like to watch?
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:35 pm
View Likes
ImABookPerson says...

Hey Melly :D Welcome to YWS ! I hope you would like it here, I think you already do ^ ^
I love your name by the way, my nickname is also Mel ^ ^ but you can call me Book . Well, I hope you can find your way around, and if you don't, just ask me ;) I would be glad to help. And, if you have anything that needs reviewing, you could tell me that too :smt003

~Book Person~
I won't run when the sky turns to flame
and I sure won't budge when the earth does shake
when the flood comes up, I will dance in the rain
'cause it's all the same to me

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Hello there. I'm usually called Stori, as you can see. Welcome aboard, and I hope to see you in the forums (fora?) and chat..

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind