z

Young Writers Society

Shower

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 am
View Likes
Daisuki says...

Sometimes I put the water on really low so it's like a trickle and plug the bathtub and just sit there.

Larger version: http://fav.me/d6mhk57

Made in GIMP this evening. Not planned out very well.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:54 pm
Nook says...

Woah! This is so cool! You actually did this on GIMP? =o=
I don't have any critiques or anything, really. I think the whole idea itself is really cool. And like you drew it so perfectly with the correct amount of shading and tones everywhere... so realistic.
...wait...see that orange trickle on the top that drips down the hair sideways? It looks a little awkward, like it's not moving with gravity.
Otherwise, everything's awesome.

Also, you might want to bring out the person a bit more. The background's already light so I think the painting would look super gorgeous if the girl was painted in a darker tone. Juste a mon avis! Also the girl's navel is a bit high up. Of course, it could just be that mine is abnormally low. >u>

That's all! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! I've always been a fan! x3
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 am
Blackwood says...

Yay gimp!

If you want some reviews I have a couple of suggestions.
Did you do the background/wallpaper on a separate layer? If you did I think that's the one thing that could use more work, it seemed like you wanted to get it done, you could do one really neat flower and then copy and paste it.

The face seems quite far forward compared to the angle of the head. In reality I think that it would be further back and the hair could be hiding almost all of it.

3. Maybe higher contrast, the shadow work, especially on the body is amazing, but its very faint and hard to see. If you give some darker colours the water and highlights will also stand out more.

Absolutely amazing job on all of the water/ drips and the body, incredible.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42