z

Young Writers Society

Drawings yay

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 am
View Likes
Button says...

Alright so lots of these are copied because I've been trying to teach myself how to draw and such SO

(also I'm really bad at scanning, soz)

^ original from Den3221 on DA

hydralisk from starcraft

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

*cries* oh lordy, please tell me you've been drawing forever because after years of practice I still can't even shade as well as you can lol xD

So, even if these aren't your original ideas, your talent if blatantly obvious haha xP Let me start off with your first picture. The detail is incredible, everything is so skillfully done. The proportions are right-on, the shading is lovely, it fits the paper perfectly. I can't even see any smudge marks around the drawing or eraser shadows which makes it look like you just drew without any mistakes at all XD You're good with adding texture too, there are areas on the drawing that look shiny like metal and other areas that are duller and it makes it look more interesting than just flat shades. I really don't have much critique for this, except that I feel like it could be completed with some digital coloring, just going over your pencil lines, adding a bit more texture to the armor and some lighting.

The next picture doesn't look quite as finished as the first one, but it's still very good. I love how the drawing has more motion than the other one, the flowing lines make the character more lively. For me though, it looks like the lack of shading makes this picture less completely. Some of your lines are really faint and less defined, the majority of the drawing isn't shaded or colored so we can't make out details or surfaces as well. This looks like a creature with scales, except you haven't really drawn any. Since I think your skill level is there, I would try and see if you can get that wet, slimey feel to the drawing. You can try this by making the skin look highly reflective, or adding some splattering water droplets to the background or around the character. Just some ideas!

Overall I think this is super cool and you should definitely keep drawing because you're very good! Thanks so much for posting! :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm
Twinkle4ever says...

Wow... I am just... wow!! These are absolutely fantastic sketches. You've drawn each line with such clarity and definition. And the shading's is so awesome. You are like a professional! Even if you copied it, you've done a marvellous job at it. Even the tiniest details are visible so clearly. I just love it. The second drawing's my favourite. It looks like a pretty hard sketch. But you pulled it off. I'm so amazed!! Do keep it up! :D :D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg