z

Young Writers Society

A bit of anime drawings

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Ok, so I've been practicing a pretty basic anime/manga style, just trying to get myself back in the swing of things. Nothing fancy, mostly mechanical pencil on computer paper with digital editing/coloring.

I'm just looking for some opinions! If anything looks off or if you particularly like something I'd love to hear it!

my reference was actually a dude in this pose, so it was a little rough turning the sharp chin into something feminine

colored manga boy with headphones

i've been obsessed with drawing waitresses lately because of my new job. this is the sketch before I'll color it

Thank you!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 pm
Twinkle4ever says...

Hey! You posted something finally after such a long time. It feels good. I particularly love the first one, I am crazy about the hairs, the different strands, the way the hair bends flexibly through her fingers. I just so wish I could have hair like that! =D

You did a great job with the chin, it looks perfect. the lips are so nicely done. The shading is perfect too. And the eyes are so preeeettty! I wanna color them up! *fingers twitching*

Another thing, the clothes, they look so real. The folds and the shades in between the folds were just where they are supposed to be. It's pretty awesome, I feel like making this person a character for my comic books. (which I won't, I'm just mean that I love this so much!) :D

Onto the second one, what I really like here is that you're very good with tiny details, like the zipper. You've drawn each white dots very nicely and you even shaded it accordingly so that it looks more real, 3D. :) His expression, the headphones, the clothes, they all fit! Again, I love the hair, the golden strands coming out of the dark lines. I know you didn't rub off the pencil lines but it still looks cool.

Number 3. The first thing I thought when I saw this was, that dress is soooo cute! have you watched kaichou wa maid sama? If you haven't, then you should. This girl reminds me of that anime show. Again, the hair shine looks so good. And that dress looks very pretty on her. You have a talent for making cool clothes along with matching shoes. Also, I love the heart, even though it's small, you still detailed it. I can't wait to see the colored version of it. :D

Keep posting more like these. I'll always look forward to it. I wonder what the colors you'll pick for the dress.
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 am
Nook says...

SHEEEEP! OuO

Your drawings! Oh my gosh, I love them! I always love the way you draw hair. Especially the first one; wow, it just flows so smoothly, I could really believe that it was real. Totally. xD

I also really like the shading you kept in... all at the right places, the right corners and edges... made the clothes look super-3D. And wow, their faces are so cute! I especially like the 2nd guy's expression for some reason; it's like he's saying "Yo, leave me alone. I'm listening to meh music and besides, I'm way too cool for you." xD Right?!

I also love the 3rd one! Kawaii~! Just like Kaichou wa Maid-sama! :D Just ONE little nitpick, though. The knees are emphasized too much. It's just that the joint pops out too much and it looks kind of... scary. xD To me at least.

But otherwise, I'm so glad you're posting up more work! I haven't seen works from you for quite some time. I always enjoy your drawings a lot! :P <3<3
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain