z

Young Writers Society

Anime guy

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm
View Likes
Nook says...

Yo, my peeps. It's been so long! This was originally supposed to be fanart but I gave up on it ( :( )but I still think it looks really cute so I posted it up.) xD I have an art dump to post later on but for now, this will have to satisfy. ^-^

I know the hair looks lopsided! It's supposed to be that way! :wink:
And I meant to give different shades to the eye. xD

I did it with a mechanical pencil for the outline, then darker shading with 5b and 6b pencils and then an edit on Picassa. :P
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey aqua!! This is super cute ^_^ The hair is the best, I really like that thick outline it has for some reason x)

So i'm just gonna jump right into some critique if that's okay xP

Overall this is great, there's just some small details here and there that i'll mention (because it's the small stuff that usually gets overlooked)

The eyes are shaded differently. I love the shape and everything and they are the same size but the right one has full shadows and a filled in dark pupil where the other one lightens towards the bottom of the pupil and also at the top and bottom it's lighter. I think the right eye looks better so I'd suggest shading the other one just like it :)

The overall expression is great, I'm a bit unsure on the mouth though. towards the corners there are kinda these faint lines hanging down and it makes it look just a tad scribbly. I would make it one clean line, adding depth or darkening areas if you need it but not have those stray lines tapering off at the bottom if possible.

The blush on the left cheek hangs slightly lower than the right blush

Shading under the hair looks good, shading under the neck is a little underdone i think.

Overall this drawing is super and it's so cool to see you posting again ^_^ I hope I can get right back to reviewing once school's done xP
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

94 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:29 pm
View Likes
Nook says...

Thanks, Sheep! xP

Yeah, I really like the hair too; the outline's not something that's done everyday and I just wanted to try something new. xD

The eyes, I really did mean for it to be two different shades. If it was in colour, the right eye would have been brown and the left would have been blue. Get what I mean? ;)

The blush! I just apply it because I think it's cute and just left it at that. I'll fix it up though. ^u^

And the mouth... the stray lines were to give the effect of it puckering or something. Complete fail, I know. x) And yeah, instead of the scribbles, I'll try to define the mouth a bit more with references. :D

Again, thanks, Sheep. I really appreciate the review. ^-^
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:34 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

I guess Blacksheep already mentioned everything but I'll just share my thoughts with you here. I love the expression here, it goes well with the slightly angled lips. And I bet if you colored the eyes differently (using different colors) they would look even more awesome. They hair looks cool with the dark outline and thin lines inside it. I've never really seen hair like this, to be honest and now that I have, I really like this style. The unkempt hair really suit's the person's expressions, especially the eyes.

A little improvements that can be made, as blacksheep said, the neck could be shaded a little bit. One other thing about the neck. If you notice, it starts thick and ends thin. If you know what I mean. It should be the opposit actually. The neck should start thin and gradually as it goes down, it should be slightly thicker where it joins the shoulders.

Alrighty, that's about it! =) Great drawing. I hope you keep posting more. This forum needs its energy from everyone's artworks to keep it running. =D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

94 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Nook says...

Thank you! So much reviews all at once! x)

And I'm glad you like the style, Twinkle. It was sort of my own; just wanted to try something new although my styles are never consistent. ;)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:01 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

ah, yeah I had an inkling that you meant for them to be different colored eyes xD That would be pretty tough to do in black and white, I've never tried it before! Maybe you could try it with colored pencils just for the eyes or go over it quickly using computer color x)

Always glad to help :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed May 22, 2013 10:47 am
View Likes
ERZA says...

Xo beauty!!♥
He looks like a fussy kid who is so darn cute....
Love the hair...like how it needs a trim...and maybe he is not allowing them to be cut and all...
The eyes are so lovely...a perfect set of mismatched ones...giving him a mysterious look...love the expression on his face....sulking little cutie.....
Awesome technique too...nice hair details.....eye details...lol
Girl your picture tells a story!!
Good job...:-D
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

94 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 1:34 am
Nook says...

ERZA, thank you! Your comment made my day! xD *hugs you tightly*

And yes, he IS like a fussy kid who doesn't want to cut his hair! xD
You what I was trying to get at! x3

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 am
View Likes
dreamwalkeramrita says...

Oh wow, this is super cute! :)

I love the expression :)

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson