z

Young Writers Society

Blossoming love

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

Here's something I've been working on. I learned so much while creating this. It took me a while...

long.. long while... :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 am
View Likes
Skittles says...

Alright! This is actually really cool! I love the colors, I love your style. Personally I don't like critiquing art for this reason, but I will give it a shot.

I love the detail in the girl, it is very well done from her baggy shirt. She looks 3-dimensional. As for the boy, not so much. I think it's the angle you've got going that makes him look slanted. Of course there are those pathetically skinny boys with absolutely no butt so I guess that is the case here? Perhaps a reference? I find using them is helpful.

The forest is colorful and bright. I like it, I was known as the "color queen" and my art teachers always told me to "tone it down", which in time I learned to do. But something about your choice of colors and the faint pastel hues sets it just right. Of course I'm not sure if those are insanely large amethysts or heffalalumps.

Also the angle that you have the boy's face at, you would see a nose and the contour of his lips, but only slightly. I can see you did it with definition to his eyebrow bone, and that might just be enough. You're the artist.

And lastly, what media did you use? It looks like a Photoshop base, of course I could be wrong.

Whatever the case, brilliant work. Your long hours was worth it as you managed to only better yourself in creating a satisfying piece.

Keep it up,
~ Skittles
When life hands you lemons.....stuff them in your bra...
Dear Edward,
Piss off you poser
,Dracula

Do you bite your thumb at me Sir?!
My mama used to say life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what ur gunna get...

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller