Young Writers Society

What? Devan Draws Too?

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 am
View Likes
DevanEWilliams says...

Heh. I'm funny.

So...I've actually been drawing longer than I've been writing. That's awkward....Somehow my art has never made it on here, though. I was really proud of this particular one, so I decided to post it. It's a BIRD :D

No making fun of my lack of image-uploady skills, in case this doesn't turn out.

Anyhoo, this is pastel on cardboard, took me an hour. Enjoy.

Stay away from limbo bears.
And always have extra marshmallows on hand in case of emergencies.

High Quality Reviews Available Here! viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96280

Reviews: 4
Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:24 pm
munchkin says...

So... Pweeetty...
Someone just needs a high five.... In the face... With a chair.

8F

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 am
Laminated says...

That's so lovely :D All of your strokes are so deliberate :3
I'M GUNNA MAKE DIS PLACE YO HOME

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:58 pm
DevanEWilliams says...

Thanks guys! ^^
Stay away from limbo bears.
And always have extra marshmallows on hand in case of emergencies.

High Quality Reviews Available Here! viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96280

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Alright, time to give this the nice long review it deserves. This is a bird? I never would have been able to tell :P. I’ve never seen people do art of cardboard, so this shocked me a little bit, but it’s really good.

So, I’m just gonna start with a few things I’d tweak with this. First, the upload. I have the same problem, but you’ve gotta figure out how to upload this properly. The problem I had with the way you uploaded it was there was a lighting problem at the bottom, and it makes some of the stuff pretty fuzzy. I’d just experiment a bit, change the lighting around, stuff like that, until you get it right. The bird was incredible, the only thing I had a problem with was it’s feet and what it’s standing on. You don’t really get a good idea of what it’s on. I realize that off to the right are leaves, but what is the pink stuff on the left? Flowers? You don’t really get a good view of what that is, so it makes you guess a bit.

Besides from those two things, this was an amazing drawing. The bird. Wow. The bird is so good. I’m not bird expert, so I don’t know what kind it is, but you drew it flawlessly. The proportions are right about all of it, the colors are outstanding, just everything about it was fantastic. I loved it. You’ve got nice transitions from the different colored feathers (I almost said fur there lol), and it’s just really really great. I can’t believe you did this in only an hour.

Really great bird, I really liked it, keep up the awesome work Devan,

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.
— "Hamlet," William Shakespeare