Young Writers Society

Rainy blues II

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm
ERZA says...

This is the larger version my other picture titled 'rainy blues'
Copy of 1.jpg

Reviews will be appreciated. Click on the picture to see a larger version of it.
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 am
Rydia says...

I like this! The background is really good, especially the stormy sky and the rain coming down but I also really like the car and you chose a good colour for it; really makes it stand out against the trees and the road.

The one thing I think you could improve is the silhouette of the man. His proportions are all over the place; his legs are different sizes, one arm is longer than the other, his neck is too thin, maybe his head is too small? I'm not an artist myself so I haven't studied the human figure enough to point out everything that's wrong but basically he looks awkward even to an untrained eye which is a shame when all the other details are so good. He also doesn't show up too well and I'd love to see you do something radical like have him in flat black, maybe even create him on the computer and super-impose him onto the page. I just really like that slightly 'surreal' element you have going on and think it could be taken to the next level.

Also, any reason why you changed the shading of the road so that it's all vertical to a point and then there are horizontal lines as well? I'm not a huge fan of that. I think it would look better if it was all vertically shaded to really emphasises the affect you have going on where the image is reflecting the head-on rush of the car. Other little minor criticisms are that you have one head-light higher then the other on the car and the right windscreen wiper isn't very straight.

Mostly though I really like this so great work!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne