z

Young Writers Society

Art Dump (some random stuff I probably won't finish)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:55 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I don't always upload everything I draw. There's a lot of unfinished workthat turned out not-so-good and just doesn't get seen by anyone x). So this is a small compiliation of that stuff for your entertainment xP No in-depth reviews needed, but feel free to comment ^_^

I drew some woman in pencil and then edited it in Gimp until it scared me.

I drew a random picture from a random manga

a creepy girl i drew in like 30 seconds

I tried to do some kind of rainbow gradient thing

this was SUPPOSED to turn into an epic drawing, but I couldn't figure out how to draw grass so I gave it up xP

designed my own dress

some kid biting his thumb

pencil drawing with a bit of editing

same pic with freakish coloring
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm
stargazer9927 says...

I like them! I think they'll all interesting, but not bad. But I guess I can see why you didn't want to show them to anyone ;)

And yes, the Gimp one scares me as well. Luckily it's shaded in so you don't have to see everything :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 pm
Mickixoxo says...

Oh my god. The first picture creeped me out SO. MUCH. I just saw The Woman in Black yesterday and that picture reminded me of the woman in back mixed with some mummy DX scaryy~~

But not in a bad way ;P

And I really really like the one where you designed your own dress. It's really cute :3
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Thanks for the comments, guys! I was interested to hear what people had to say about them ^_^

thanks for all the support :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:54 pm
Skorpionne says...

Hi!

Firstly, never title your work "Some Random Stuff I Did" or "Some Stuff I Probably Won't Finish." It lowers people's expectations. You can always say that you aren't planning on finishing it in the content.

Number 1: It does look very scary, and I really like the texture in her hair, but I don't think the black-and-white thing works very well. Her face and neck look like one big black blob. Like I said though, the initial drawing looks very good. I wish I could draw like that.

Number 2: No picture. :3 I'd edit away the link if I were you, but it's not much of an issue.

Number 3: For something that took you thirty seconds, this is incredibly good! The only nitpick I have is that her arms look unnaturally straight- I can't tell where her elbows are. Then again, the unnaturalness adds to the creepiness, so intended or not, it's a good touch. (Wasn't really a nitpick at all, was it? :P)

Number 4: I absolutely love the gradiant effect- black and rainbow is always a good combination. I don't like how stiff her dress...thing looks, though. If I were you, I'd add some creases, and make it less gravity resistant.

Number 5: I won't comment on the ground, seeing as you hadn't finished that bit. I like how the boy stands out against the colours, and the unique, chunky, black look is very effective. Only problem is, the water looks very unnatural. Water is very, very rarely completely still like that. Try adding some ripples, or a few gentle waves close to the shore. I love how you did the reflection of the mountain though- so realistic!

Number 6: Her hair looks brilliant, and I like the dress, even though it isn't really my kind of style. However, I'm not to keen on the upper ring of white. I don't know why, I just don't think that bit looks very good. Great job, though!

Number 7: Wow, this is brilliant! I particularly love his eyes- they portray his worry really well. I'd work a bit on his mouth, though. Maybe add a tiny bit of detail on his teeth.

Number 8: This is my very favourite. Her hair looks very natural, and the proportions are all fabulous. My only nitpicks: Try and add more expression in her eyes, they look a little blank, and her chin is very pointy. For a manga style, that's fine, though, so it really depends if you want to go down that route.

Number 9: This is my least favourite. I still love the detail on the girl, but I don't think the bright colours go well at all with the grey of her shirt and the background.

Keep drawing! :D
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 am
hudz96 says...

Hey
Hudz here
My favorite is number 6!!!! because of the hair obviously!!!
and the eyes and the way he is biting his thumb, i just love all your work because they look all so real... and NOT artificial at all. I mean it IS artificial, but it looks like a professional made the images.

And my other favourite is the girl in the cute pink dress... Im in love with that one!!!

Hudz
X
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero