Young Writers Society

Jag draws people

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 pm
View Likes
Jagged says...

[insert *GASP* sound effect here]

Hi guys! I'm moving up from drawing puppies/horsies all the time. Please lay on the crits, I need to improve :3
("JAG GO HOME" is a valid reaction, as is "lol what are your color choices" and "your anatomy sucks and this is why".)

1. omg an actual background (shhh i know she doesn't have feet, feet are hard okay)

2. drawing people wearing stuff i wish i owned LIKE A BAWSS

3. uh this is actually a pretty severe spoiler for A Storm of Swords (third book of A Song of Ice and Fire, for the uninitiated), plz tread carefully
Spoiler! :

#1 done in Photoshop CS5, #2&3 in SAI.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm
Pilot says...

They're all really good. Wow, no feet? My friend would love that, lol. We have this thing going about how no one needs feet. We always say to each other, "Who even needs feet?"

xP
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

MY GOD this is amazing. I especially love the first one though I don't know why. It's just so classy and serene...the colours were gorgeous too (ha ha for the face on the moon:))

Photoshop always seems to amaze me (I've tried and utterly failed at it) and these are really good. Don't worry about the feet, I always discreetly have the covered with something or the pencil marks would end right at the ankles. You did a good job with the hands though, another thing I always tend to leave blank.

Great job!

Starr
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Oh wow, these are amazing! Really! The first picture is stunning and I love the colors you used. It's really interesting how you colored the clouds and trees (or mountains? I'm not totally sure) purple. I also like the red outline on the girl's dress and hair. The face on the moon is a great idea, I would almost add more detail on that to make it stand out more. Maybe a few stars in the sky for added effect.

I really love the detail you added on the second picture with the shoes and pants. Those were my favorite parts x) And the gun is very realistic and well drawn! There are a lot of things to compliment about this picture, and I give you extra props for drawing in profile, which is tough. I'm wondering if it's just my imagination or if the neck is just a bit too long? And maybe the hair could use a bit of shading so that it doesn't seem one tone. Very cool though!

Extremely detailed work on the third picture O_O These must've taken you ages! I'm really impressed and I don't think I have any critiques. (Maybe where's his left arm? I can't find it, but I can see the other one clearly xD)

These are awesome! Thanks for posting them! :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke