z

Young Writers Society

Fan Art

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 am
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Hmmm I don't like this as much as some of my other stuff, but it's fine XP I just really wish that I could draw things more detailed but I just don't know how DX

If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:40 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I actually think this picture looks super cool, probably one of my favorites of yours ^_^ I really love the color scheme and his outfit. The hair is nice and shiny too!

Also, I'm really impressed by this pic because this is your most guy-looking guy you've ever drawn. I mean, some of your other drawings I've confused male for female but this one is definitely a dude! Big accomplishment. You are definitely learning whether you can see it or not. I think a lot of it has to do with the sharper features on his face. The eyes definitely, and the chin is pointy too, but not in a bad way. The hair also looks sharp and the jacket is crisp and clean. I've always had trouble shading black clothing... not sure why though.

For making things look more detailed, I've learned to really spend time on my projects and zoom up close to work on areas like the face and hair. There can ALWAYS be more strands of hair, lol.

Another thing I'd try is to add a new layer, set it to overlay, grab the airbrush in a light peachy color, and lightly go over some areas of the skin. By adding subtle hues and lights, I can get the skin to look more alive, and more than a simple 'base color, shade color, and highlight' method.

But yeah, this is one of my favorites! ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 am
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

I love it! He looks like he ate too much :)

And I think his clothes have great detail with the wrinkles. Maybe you're drawing doesn't look completely life like, but it's cartoon so it's not supposed to.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew