z

Young Writers Society

Explosion

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am
View Likes
Shakespeare says...

Here's another one of my planet scenes. I hope you all like it!

Exploding Planet.jpg

Thanks,
Monkeyswagg

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Hm... The texture is lame. What did you use to create this? I would recommend Vue for planetary scenes. Not exactly realistic... Also, it seems that there is only debris from half of the planet? There appears not to be a second half behind that which is facing the camera...

I myself have made some planetary images, but of earth in 3DS max. Not to show off :? , but here they if you are curious:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
I was Amareth :)

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm
View Likes
shiney1 says...

Okay, this is a nice attempt.

But I think you need to add more detail to your planet before doing anything else. It looks very bland, like a green ball.

ALso, the chunks are all too big. To be more realistic, you need to makes smaller chunks, only a few large fragments, and many small dots to serve as the small debri.

I think debries from half the planet it okay, because it looks like the explosion only happened in a particular area. But you really need to improve on that half.

But do not be discouraged, improve on it :)
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind